Cant access command prompt and power shell from file explorer

I am using windows 8.1. From a few days I am unable to access command prompt and power shell form the file menu in file explorer. That option is unavailable. Please refer the screenshot.

post-518935-0-14549600-1401787214.png

Please help me out. I've tried system restore that also doesn't works. It says please disable your antivirus even though I have windows defender(the only anti virus app i am running) and i have turned is off.

Try selecting a folder other than "This PC" in the navigation pane.

By default, Explorer opens to "This PC". Unless an actual folder is selected, these options will be unavailable.

Click on the C drive icon, for example, and try again.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

By default, Explorer opens to "This PC". Unless an actual folder is selected, these options will be unavailable.

Hope this helps.

Just tested and proven that theory, you should get best answer for that :)

Just tested and proven that theory, you should get best answer for that :)

Thank you, sir.

• Like 2

Hope this helps.

Well I know that one cant access command prompt or powershell in This PC, but unfortunately the screenshot was taken in D Drive. not only D drive i can't access these options in any folder.

D: might have permission issues, did you upgrade from 7/8? Might want to backup your data, format it and recover your data, BUT, I know there is likely a better option someone will post soon enough so I'd wait 

D: might have permission issues, did you upgrade from 7/8? Might want to backup your data, format it and recover your data, BUT, I know there is likely a better option someone will post soon enough so I'd wait 

Well I don't think D has permission issues BTW it doesn't works for any drive or any folder.

Are you able to open a command prompt/administrative command prompt from Accessories or via Start/Win+R > Run > CMD ?

Are you able to open a command prompt/administrative command prompt from Accessories or via Start/Win+R > Run > CMD ?

Yes i can open it from start screen , run menu, but not from explorer

It says please disable your antivirus even though I have windows defender(the only anti virus app i am running) and i have turned is off.

What says this?

Does it work if you run Explorer as an Administrator, or login as a different user?

Does it work if you run Explorer as an Administrator, or login as a different user?

Doesn't works even if explorer has admin privileges and currently there is only one user account in my pc

Doesn't works even if explorer has admin privileges and currently there is only one user account in my pc

Make another one and see (it can help in determining where the problem might be).

Make another one and see (it can help in determining where the problem might be).

The option isn't available even in the other account.

What about if you shift right click a folder?? Can you press "Open command window here"??

Here is what i get when i shift+right click on a folder. Please refer to screenshot.

post-518935-0-38795900-1402020872.png