Terraria out now on PS4 and Xbox One

Terraria is coming to PS4 and Xbox One!

submitted 4 hours ago by 505Games

As we ramp up for E3 next week, we wanted to leak some information to you all that we know you will be super excited to hear:

Terraria is going Next Gen!

At E3, we will be showing off Terraria on PS4 behind closed doors, with cross-play and cross-save to PS Vita!

All of the 1.2 content will be packed into our Terraria Next Gen releases alongside some brand new functionality!

The PS4 and Xbox One versions are slated for release later in 2014.

Look out for more Terraria news and maybe some sneak-peak screens next week!

http://redd.it/277q18

• Like 2

Going to be interesting to see how they'll change the inventory system for the consoles. Can't imagine the current one being usable with a gamepad.

It's already on PS3/360 so give the demo a go and you'll see what the controls are like. Unlikely they'll change much beside the DS4's touchpad maybe getting some use.

It's already on PS3/360 so give the demo a go and you'll see what the controls are like. Unlikely they'll change much beside the DS4's touchpad maybe getting some use.

This would be a good case to attempt to build in smartglass support. It would be pretty cool to use a tablet or phone to be able to manage inventory or even as a controller completely.

• 5 months later...

As stated on Major Nelsons blog yesterday, Terraria is now available on Xbox One

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

For me, this is a game I've wanted and never bought for a very long time. Part of that is because I just don't enjoy PC gaming that much (partly due to only having a work laptop) and partly due to the fact Starbound was "released" and it looks like a slightly better version of this game. 

From what I can see, Sony have pretty much done a deal to get Starbound on PS4 so if it does ever get released for XB1, it is not going to be some time yet. Anyone purchased Terraria yet or own it on another platform, is it as good as I expect it to be?

I got it from some humble bundle a while back for PC, never tried it and to be honest, by the trailer, it seems weird as hell.

Terraria is an all right game, but the tech tree is immense, and the playstyle is based around grinding (So things like the high end armour require every single piece of armour below it, along with 600 hard to get items, etc.).

Edit: Also everything wants to kill you, and can easily do so. Even though The Hallow is very nice and pretty, everything there is an awful killing machine.

Terraria is an all right game, but the tech tree is immense, and the playstyle is based around grinding (So things like the high end armour require every single piece of armour below it, along with 600 hard to get items, etc.).

Doesn't work that way on the PC. Infact, the ONLY high-end armor that takes every piece below it is Beetle Armor (PC Only), which requires the Turtle Armor set. Turtle Armor and all the other high-end armors only require Chlorophyte or Shroomite Bars, which can be obtained by farming ore from the ground.

Now the console version yeah, that does kinda suck.....but IIRC the console versions are maintained by a different developer (who essentially ported one of the older patches and added some new stuff). The PC version of Terraria is far superior (many more items, easier controls, etc).

Edit: Also everything wants to kill you, and can easily do so. Even though The Hallow is very nice and pretty, everything there is an awful killing machine.

Not how it works on PC, like Nagisan says, but doesn't really matter.. the fun part is spelunking and exploring the underground, preparing for doing that, figuring out how to open passages, get around enemies, etc., by taking advantage of the surroundings, finding hidden treasures. The "gear" really isn't the point, the adventuring is. Gear you get are just trophies from your adventuring.

Btw, you can avoid attacks by closing off a tunnel to yourself. So there are strategies in the game to survive. (Would be more realistic if you could run out of air in a closed tunnel, but that's a different issue)

Merged

Came out for both platforms this week. We can turn this into an OT I guess if there's enough interest.

Shame there's no upgrade option for last-gen buyers (N)

Doesn't work that way on the PC. Infact, the ONLY high-end armor that takes every piece below it is Beetle Armor (PC Only), which requires the Turtle Armor set. Turtle Armor and all the other high-end armors only require Chlorophyte or Shroomite Bars, which can be obtained by farming ore from the ground.

Now the console version yeah, that does kinda suck.....but IIRC the console versions are maintained by a different developer (who essentially ported one of the older patches and added some new stuff). The PC version of Terraria is far superior (many more items, easier controls, etc).

I might be thinking of a different armour set then (Never played on console), I think it was the hallowed armour set that required every piece under it?