Sony in Talks with Jordan Vogt-Roberts to Direct "Metal Gear Solid"

swxNK.jpg

Deadline reports that Sony is in talks with Vogt-Roberts as director of their Metal Gear Solid feature film (and likely franchise). The adaptation has been in the works for a while, with producers Avi Arad and production president Michael De Luca steering its development. Originally released for the Sony Playstation in 1998 and created by Hideo Kojima, the game centers on Snake, a soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from Foxhound, a renegade special forces unit. As part of his mission, Snake must liberate hostages before confronting the terrorists in order to stop them from launching a nuclear strike.

Sounds like a standard military infiltration plot, yes? Not so fast! In addition to the excellent stealth aspect of the gameplay, Metal Gear Solid featured some truly memorable mini-bosses, including gunslinger Revolver Ocelot, and mind-control master Psycho Mantis. Oh, and did I mention a giant walking tank? Yeah, Metal Gear Solid is custom made for the big screen and boasts plenty of colorful characters alongside a twisting and tense plot. I have my fingers crossed for this one, because, if successful, it paves the way for further opening up the rich universe of the video game series.

Source

Shouldn't it be the third film? The first two being Escape from New York & Escape from L.A? ;)