Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MariosX

[Microsoft Excel 2013] How do I auto-fill cells?

6 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'm working with excel and I would like to know if it is possible if excel can auto fill some cells in a row when I insert a number in a certain cell, see the attached picture for an example.

As you can see in the picture I have 3 columns: ID, Name, Country and I want when I insert the ID, the columns Name & Country to get automatically filled.

This will make the job much easier for me.

Thanks in advance

post-174060-0-93563500-1401892574.png

I'm not great with Excel, but where is this information coming from? Is it in a database, a text file? Have you got it written down on some paper? The reason for asking is that there is a data import option under the data tab that could help speed things up.

I'm not great with Excel, but where is this information coming from? Is it in a database, a text file? Have you got it written down on some paper? The reason for asking is that there is a data import option under the data tab that could help speed things up.

From paper.. I have to type it down each time.

I think Spikey_Richie's second link would be your best approach then. You would still need to enter the values for each person once on sheet 2, but once that is done sheet 1 becomes easier as you only have to enter the numbers.

1 person likes this

Wonderful job!

Thanks!

VLookup does the job!