12 posts in this topic

Posted

Apple officially announced iOS 8 today with a ton of new features, including HealthKit, better notifications and improved iMessages. Many users can look forward to the update coming at some point this fall, but iPhone 4 users will be left behind.

Apple didn

Posted

Apple didn

6 people like this

Posted

I was pretty surprised to see the 4s is getting iOS 8 to be honest. If they had skipped the iPhone 4s they would have been able to just target the higher res screen on the later models then again with the new iPhone obviously going to have a higher res display they current models it probably doesn't matter much :)

Posted

Nothing surprising as the iPhone 4 is almost 4 years old.

2 people like this

Posted

The 4 was discontinued almost a year ago, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're drop support.

Apple has been pretty consistent with a 4 year support cycle, and this is following the same trend. iOS9 will drop the 4S, and on and on....

1 person likes this

Posted

its also posted on http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/

[attachment=361885:ios8.PNG]

Posted

Meh, just as well. Ever since 7 and even the update before that my and my families iPad 2s have been getting more and more unusable. And I doubt 8 will make them any better.

They hang and crash constantly. Trying to use the Facebook app is an like having your teeth pulled, scrolling hangs, opening a comment threads, hangs, opening a picture full screen, hangs and likely to crash the app... Meh.

Ordered new tablets yesterday, GF got an iPad Air for so e reason while I got a Lenovo Miix 2 i5 tablet with key dock, iOS is getting on my nerves, down to little things like not being able to have the full editor when posting on neowin or the absolute weird behavour when you try to comment on something that uses disqus...

Interesting how they list 3rd and 4th gen iPads as the same device...

Posted

They are saying that it is unfortunate that iPhone 4 did not make the cut, but then go on to say that they are not surprised. Make your mind up people... :rolleyes:

Posted

unfortunate and unsurprising aren't mutually exclusive

Posted

Not surprised, the iPhone 4 is already four years old and not even being sold anymore.

Posted

Meh, just as well. Ever since 7 and even the update before that my and my families iPad 2s have been getting more and more unusable. And I doubt 8 will make them any better.

They hang and crash constantly. Trying to use the Facebook app is an like having your teeth pulled, scrolling hangs, opening a comment threads, hangs, opening a picture full screen, hangs and likely to crash the app... Meh.

Ordered new tablets yesterday, GF got an iPad Air for so e reason while I got a Lenovo Miix 2 i5 tablet with key dock, iOS is getting on my nerves, down to little things like not being able to have the full editor when posting on neowin or the absolute weird behavour when you try to comment on something that uses disqus...

Interesting how they list 3rd and 4th gen iPads as the same device...

That is not normal at all, you should do a full Restore on iTunes, and after new install, restore the backup.

I have iPad2 and it runs great on iOS7, its really something good to have so many years of support. iOS8 also for iPad2, i think it will be fine.

Posted

Seeing as it happens on at least 4 iPad 2's that I know of, two who are used by not very computer literate people who just use them for Facebook Internet and a couple of games, yeah it's normal.