6 posts in this topic

Posted

Well here

Posted

Read this a few weeks ago on Reddit. It's sugar coated bad news but to be fair, they were hit with some pretty bad luck close to the launch. They had huge chargebacks when CD keys were paid for with stolen CCs.

The game has had a lot of support in the 2 years since then in free updates outside of DLC too which was awesome for such a small team/studio. If you're going to abandon a game, this is probably the "best" way to do it.

Posted

First community patch has been released:

Build 266 Now Live on Steam!
Posted by wasabi 2 days ago

build266b.jpg

Natural Selection 2 Build 266 is now live on Steam! Today

Posted

Read this a few weeks ago on Reddit. It's sugar coated bad news but to be fair, they were hit with some pretty bad luck close to the launch. They had huge chargebacks when CD keys were paid for with stolen CCs.

The game has had a lot of support in the 2 years since then in free updates outside of DLC too which was awesome for such a small team/studio. If you're going to abandon a game, this is probably the "best" way to do it.

Damn. I didn't know that. They don't have the resources to update NS2 while working on something new. When I first learned about how small the development team was, I kinda imagined that this would happen eventually. I'm really glad they've handed their IP over to the community. Most developers would simply let their game die.

Posted

Excellent game, and very pretty.  Glad I bought into the Beta.  Just wish a few more of my mates had joined in.

Posted

Yeah, it's still my main game that I play. :)  I love it.  Lots of neat new stuff coming out each update.