Comedian Tracy Morgan Critical After Car Crash

US actor and comedian Tracy Morgan has been left in a critical condition after the limousine he was travelling in was involved a multi-vehicle pileup.

Police the limousine crashed into five other vehicles on the New Jersey Turnpike at around 1am local time on Saturday.

The 45-year-old is being treated at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Centre in New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Sgt First Class Greg Williams told news agency AP that one other passenger in the vehicle was killed.

The condition of the five other passengers is currently unknown.

There is no word on what caused the accident, which also involved two tractor-trailers, a sports utility vehicle and two cars.

Source

"You want it, I got it, so get it while the gettin' is good. "

-Hustle Man-

I've watched him since his hustle man days on the show "Martin"(early 90's). Funny dude.

I'd also like to add that seatbelts in Limos should be mandatory like any other passenger vehicle. It certainly could have saved the other passenger's life as well as minimized Tracy's injuries. These passengers were basically rag dolls when the accident happened.

Edit: CNN says he was in a limo other sites are saying he was in a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van. I'm assuming it's still just a big limo?

The MB Sprinter is a commercial van that can be easily converted into a party, limo or camper van.

MB Sprinter Commercial van

Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter.JPG

Interior of a MB Sprinter party van

Mercedes-benz-sprinter-party-bus-1.jpg

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/07/tracy-morgan-injured-in-bus-crash-on-nj-turnpike/?_ga=1.168072929.1112021033.1402183894

Hours after he was helicoptered to a hospital from the scene of a deadly multi-car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike, Tracy Morgan put on a brave face.

?He?s got a brace on his neck, but he?s smiling,? said a pal, who accompanied Morgan?s ex-wife, Sabina Morgan, to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where the 45-year-old ?30 Rock? star remained in critical condition Saturday night.

The harrowing smashup killed a fellow comic and injured four others.

Prosecutors charged trucker Kevin Roper of Jonesboro, Ga. with death by auto and four counts of assault by auto for causing the 1 a.m. pileup on the northbound lanes in Cranbury. Roper?s bail was set at $50,000.

ABC News reported Roper, 35, was ?dozing.? But state police would not confirm the claim.

Morgan pal and fellow comic James ?Uncle Jimmy Mack? McNair, 63, a Peekskill resident, was declared dead at the scene, police said.

Morgan?s assistant, Jeff Millea, was also choppered to the same hospital.

Two others in the luxury 2012 Mercedes Sprinter limo van, comedians Harris Stanton and Ardie Fuqua, were also hospitalized.

Morgan?s publicist, Lewis Kay, confirmed that the comic was in critical condition. ?His family is now with him and he is receiving excellent care,? said Kay. ?We don?t anticipate much of a change in his condition today.?

The National Transportation Safety Board is also investigating.

>

As someone who lives in NJ and has driven on the NJ Turnpike more times than I can remember, I can say it is BY FAR the highway I dread driving on, no matter what part of the state I am in.

Most of the Turnpike there are 2 sides to it. Cars Only and Trucks & Cars. Both sides suck, but the Trucks & Cars side really sucks as the trucks are truly out of control.

So driving on that side is always a dangerous proposition.

The other major issue with New Jersey roads is they are always doing work on them. However there are many times where the warning of said work is either non existent or totally inadequate.

So you have instances where a major highway with trucks and cars will go from 4 lanes to 2 lanes with little to no warning. It is totally dangerous.

Keep in mind I have no clue as to the particulars regarding this specific incident, I am just sharing the fact that the Turnpike truly is a awful highway to drive on.

Good luck to Mr Morgan. 

"You want it, I got it, so get it while the gettin' is good. "

-Hustle Man-

I've watched him since his hustle man days on the show "Martin"(early 90's). Funny dude.

I didn't even realize that was him, but I loved that show in the 90's. Not so much anymore, I suppose I grew out of his humor. Thanks for reminding me.

And the Wal-Mart truck driver who apparently caused the crash has been charged.

"Save Money (We do by hiring labor at the lowest possible cost), Live Better". Wal-Mart.