E3 2014 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

Can I get the cliff notes version as to what happened for this one. I didn't get a chance to fully watch this due to being at work. Basically what I want to know is there any reason to buy an Xbox 1?

I did notice a lot of "on Xbox first" messages on the screen during most (all?) of the multi-platform presentations. Seems like Microsoft is continuing the money-hat strategy again. I really wish that wasn't a thing. Just release the content on all platforms at once. The fact that this is even something to consider as a consumer is damn annoying.

If MS doesn't do it, Sony will. That is how the market is right now.

Game games games, OK they showed 90 minutes of games, but which ones are even going be a Award-winning Game of The Year kind of games?

They can fool some gamers, but to me, it's all about QUALITY not quantity of the games they show you at E3!

A FEW quality games is far more impressive than tons of games than means nothing, to me!

That's the problem with games, not everyone likes the same games. You didn't like any of the games, and yet others feel differently. What does that mean for the show itself? Well it means MS did the right thing by letting the focus be on games even if some wont like the games.

You hit the nail on the head, none of the games meant anything TO YOU. That does happen sometimes.

MS can only keep trying. They literally cannot predict which games every single person is going to like. I would rather see them focus on it like they are now and put out games that may not appeal to me, then to see them take the wrong path that so many have criticized them for taking in the past.

The Division... needs.. a release date.. like NOW! 

I think it releases on Christmas Day.

I noticed it on the screen near the guy who spoke about that game.

I think it releases on Christmas Day.

I noticed it on the screen near the guy who spoke about that game.

That is when the events of that mission took place.

The game was delayed 2 weeks ago.

It'll be interesting to see the online community react since there was literally zero weird or 'awkward' moment to draw on for gifs and other sorts of BS that can fill E3 threads. This may be the first time I have seen a show that was able to avoid that.

I guess for those that like that stuff, there are plenty of more shows to go that could provide that ammo.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Sony event will be a lot like MS'. EA and Ubisoft, however, those could offer the moments some are looking for.

If MS doesn't do it, Sony will. That is how the market is right now.

I know. I'm not saying it's a Microsoft only problem. It's just something that came to mind a lot during their conference because almost all multi-platform game previews had the "first" disclaimer in them.

Going back over it, there was also too much CGI and not enough gameplay throughout the conference. They demo'd a 10 year old Halo map, but a lot of the new IPs only got a trailer. Does not compute, and it's kind of a bummer.

Sunset Overdrive has no appeal for me, sorry!

So because you can't find something you like it's a letdown period?   Man, move on, others have seen games they like and want to play.

• Like 3

Well that was significantly boring.

Primarily third-party games, and the big reveals were already known in advance (not that it's Microsoft's fault that happened). And maybe it's just me, but I would have actually liked some entertainment and Kinect things shown.

• Like 2

Game games games, OK they showed 90 minutes of games, but which ones are even going be a Award-winning Game of The Year kind of games? Other than Multi-platforms, I really can NOT see any!

They can fool some gamers, but to me, it's all about QUALITY not quantity of the games they show you at E3!

A FEW quality games is far more impressive than tons of games than means nothing, to me!

You do realize that they still have to have material for Gamescon and TGS...

Why would they put everything on the table for 1 conference?

Primarily third-party games, and the big reveals were already known in advance (not that it's Microsoft's fault that happened). And maybe it's just me, but I would have actually liked some entertainment and Kinect things shown.

It would've only been you, had they even tried to show a demo of Kinect or talk TV/Media people would've flipped again.

You are among the minority that would have liked to hear more about entertainment or Kinect. We are a small group of users and we get drowned out online by the larger group that wants the focus to be on games only. I'm ok with that though, its a nice change.

It really isn't about Kinect or Media, but MS is no longer as good as they used to on games too.

Microsoft used to be the KING in good games, but now everything great that used to be Microsoft exclusive is Multi-platform (Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, Mass Effect...etc ) that PlayStation get TOO! Then MS can no longer duplicate these type of quality exclusive any longer *SIGH*

I feel like Sony's games will be a lot more appealing to me, with more titles like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us.

Those are much appealing games to me, anyday!

I feel the quality of MS games has gone downhill significantly last couple years, that's sad!

You know, I think its interesting to see the reaction to MS focusing on just games.

I wonder if the disappointment stems from a lack of silly moments to rag on and make fun of? People have come to expect these events to have that, especially MS events. MS just didn't deliver in that area this time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm wish all of the conferences stuck to the same focus.

Forget about whether you personally like the games or not, wouldn't you rather see them all just show off games for 90 minutes?

It really isn't about Kinect or Media, but MS is no longer as good as they used to on games too.

Microsoft used to be the KING in good games, but now everything great that used to be Microsoft exclusive is Multi-platform (Elder Scrolls, Bioshock...etc ) that PlayStation get TOO!

I feel like Sony's games will be a lot more appealing to me, with more likes like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us.

Those are much appealing games to me, anyday!

I feel the quality of MS games has gone down significantly last couple years, that's sad!

The great thing is that you get to pick your console based on the games you like.

Remember, everything your saying applies to you and your tastes. You say MS used to be the King in good games? You realize how many people would shoot that down immediately? It just show how diverse our taste in gaming is.

There is absolutely zero reason to argue with anyone about what games were good or bad.

You know, I think its interesting to see the reaction to MS focusing on just games.

I wonder if the disappointment stems from a lack of silly moments to rag on and make fun of? People have come to expect these events to have that, especially MS events. MS just didn't deliver in that area this time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm wish all of the conferences stuck to the same focus.

Forget about whether you personally like the games or not, wouldn't you rather see them all just show off games for 90 minutes?

That's not the case for me.

I guess a lot of it is out of their control because so much of it leaked, but again, outside of their staple IPs, not a lot of surprises. The games looked great, but there wasn't that "OMGWTFBBQ" moment.

It would've only been you, had they even tried to show a demo of Kinect or talk TV/Media people would've flipped again.

I don't think so. I just think there were some vocal websites (read: Kotaku, NeoGAF) that killed Microsoft for even daring mention anything other than games last year. I thought last year's press conference was far better than today's.