Wireless Intelli Mouse

A week ago I got a Wireless Intelli Mouse from Microsoft. The mouse itself works fine, but the software won't install. It says I have pointing device software installed that needs to be uninstalled. It then comes up and says LogiTech Uninstall does not work under WindowsNT, then everything exits. I have no idea where the LogiTech stuff came from, I never had a LogiTech mouse or software that I know of, and can't find it anywhere on my harddrive. Anyone know what I could do to get the mouse software working? It seems I need to get the LogiTech uninstaller to work under XP somehow.

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'm trying out the suggestions now.

I'm not sure how I would go about running the uninstall for the LogiTech software in compatibility mode. It's being launched automatically by the IntelliMouse setup, and I haven't been able to locate the actual .exe file on my hard drive. If you could tell me a way to get it to run in compatibility mode though, that might work.

The suggestion about using LogiTech drivers for XP worked. I downloaded XP drivers from LogiTech, installed them. Then when I ran the IntelliMouse setup it found and ran the new LogiTech uninstall, which worked, then it rebooted and IntelliMouse succesfully installed. :)

Thanks for all the help :D :D :D :D