Backing up DVDs and Bluray

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phil00

Phil00

Neowinian

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:55

Hi,

I'm looking to backup a few of my TV shows and movies, a quick google search, provided some options, but I was wondering if anyone in here has any experience with this. Thanks!

#2 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 June 2014 - 18:04

Hi,

I'm looking to backup a few of my TV shows and movies, a quick google search, provided some options, but I was wondering if anyone in here has any experience with this. Thanks!

Are you trying to backup shows to dvd/br or rip dvd/dr to a hd?  If it is the latter than nothing is better than using handbrake.

http://handbrake.fr/

#3 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 10 June 2014 - 18:10

if you're ripping from dvd/br then you'll probably need a program to disable the security on the disk

there really aren't any good free ways to do this so i recommend AnyDVD from slysoft

after that I also recommend handbrake for encoding the videos

but if you're just looking to backup to dvd/br then you can use any cd burner app such as imgburn

#4 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 June 2014 - 18:39

if you're ripping from dvd/br then you'll probably need a program to disable the security on the disk

there really aren't any good free ways to do this so i recommend AnyDVD from slysoft

after that I also recommend handbrake for encoding the videos

but if you're just looking to backup to dvd/br then you can use any cd burner app such as imgburn

Forgot about having to remove the security checks.  But doesn't having vlc on your computer negate that requirement?

#5 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 10 June 2014 - 18:45

Forgot about having to remove the security checks.  But doesn't having vlc on your computer negate that requirement?

not that i'm aware. if anything vlc just has a cert so it can play the disks. that doesn't help other applications though

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!