Photo

Websites like FaceBook are blocked on my computer? Why?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#46 EZRecovery

EZRecovery

Puertorican Neowinian Member

Posted 15 June 2014 - 14:10

It's actually quite easy to setup parental controls on a mac and those controls are quite robust.  This is sounding more and more like those controls were setup and you just don't realize it.  You say it is an 'office' computer...is it a byod (personal) or a corporate-shared (business issued but allowing for personal usage) mac?  Or is this nothing more than a kid trying to get around a parent's attempt at internet control?

Sharonto said it is his own mac, not an office system

"It is my own Mac, not office."

#47 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 35

Posted 15 June 2014 - 14:13

That does not limit the ability of his parents putting on a restriction. It is easy enough to do with loading on stealthy apps or redirecting the dns to a service that filters like opendns. If you search you will find quite a few.

K9 comes to mind, going old school there is net nanny, and many full protection anti malware suites come with content filtering.

#48 OP Sharonto

Sharonto

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:08

That does not limit the ability of his parents putting on a restriction. It is easy enough to do with loading on stealthy apps or redirecting the dns to a service that filters like opendns. If you search you will find quite a few.

K9 comes to mind, going old school there is net nanny, and many full protection anti malware suites come with content filtering.

Not k9 or opendns, looks like my dad had paid a third party website filtering software called Aobo, how to find it out? My games and social sites are all blocked, thank god.

#49 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:00

That is a conversation to have with your parents. We cannot help you circumvent their rules.

#50 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:07

Not k9 or opendns, looks like my dad had paid a third party website filtering software called Aobo, how to find it out? My games and social sites are all blocked, thank god.

Are you going to tell us how amazing that program is now? I feel like that's the next step.

#51 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:08

Locking this up no further good will come out of this.