GTA V for PC c-c-c-c-c-onfirmmmmmmmmed

I am really curious to know how this will play on my PC.  I have it for the 360, getting it for the Xbox one, and not sure about PC.    

i7 @ 3.9ghz. I think that should be enough,  but the video card GT 650 might be low.   

I am really curious to know how this will play on my PC.  I have it for the 360, getting it for the Xbox one, and not sure about PC.    

i7 @ 3.9ghz. I think that should be enough,  but the video card GT 650 might be low.   

Yup, the 650 is going to limit you big time.  It'll probably be playable on low though.

Yup, the 650 is going to limit you big time.  It'll probably be playable on low though.

Pretty sure Xbox One is way lower spec than a 650

it doesnt work like that though you cant compare xbox gpu and pc gpu requirements. pbviously console games are optimized for two gpus whereas pc version has endless configurations.

it doesnt work like that though you cant compare xbox gpu and pc gpu requirements. pbviously console games are optimized for two gpus whereas pc version has endless configurations.

DX11.1 is a standard though

Well, looking back at GTAIV... if Rockstar pulls that again, it would require two Titan Z GPUs to run smoothly.

The equivalent GPU for the X1 is something around a 7790, which is magnitudes better than a 650.

But regardless, it's not as easy as making a straight comparison since consoles are optimized for gaming and have a processing system that works much different than a PC.

But regardless, it's not as easy as making a straight comparison since consoles are optimized for gaming and have a processing system that works much different than a PC.

Well it speaks for consoles when games ported to the PC are 30fps and sub 1080p.

That sucks!  Thanks!

Would one of those 750 Ti or whatnot work ok?

I've played probably hundreds of hours of GTA V on 360, largely just me messing about. I've played the story through once & I am eager to play again, but I am holding off until I get it for PS4!

That sucks!  Thanks!

I believe Astra.Xtreme was correct, the equivalent GPU for the Xbox One is something around a 7770 GHz Edition/7790.

The NVIDIA equivalent to the 7790 is a GTX 560 (no longer sold), 650 Ti (no longer sold) or 750 (around $300).

post-645-0-96212300-1407497653.png

I believe Astra.Xtreme was correct, the equivalent GPU for the Xbox One is something around a 7770 GHz Edition/7790.

The NVIDIA equivalent to the 7790 is a GTX 560 (no longer sold), 650 Ti (no longer sold) or 750 (around $300).

attachicon.gifeb_grapheir1.png

Thanks.  I found some 750 TI on newegg for $140ish so I was curious.  

That sucks!  Thanks!

That would definitely be a big step up.  An AMD R9 270 would also be a good option, if you don't mind AMD stuff.

That would definitely be a big step up.  An AMD R9 270 would also be a good option, if you don't mind AMD stuff.

I'll have to check into that, I never had AMD before.  

I'll have to check into that, I never had AMD before.  

I definitely prefer Nvidia, but AMD seems to have the best value for sub-$200 cards.

I definitely prefer Nvidia, but AMD seems to have the best value for sub-$200 cards.

AMD cards are the best value across most of the range (not just sub-$200 cards) but you do miss out on the general driver quality of NVIDIA cards as well as some features like CUDA (good for those who render videos) and PhysX.

I love my 2x AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT cards. They were only around ?140 each and combined, they offer similar performance to a Titan, which is lovely!

Currently running a GTX 580 myself, and though it should work for GTA V I think something like an R9 280 will handle it much better (in comparison the 280 I'm looking at is about $30 cheaper than a GTX 760 and has better performance in most cases).

attachicon.gifeb_grapheir1.png

i have no idea where you pulled a random around 300 dollars for a 750 figure from they are just over a 100 bucks

i have no idea where you pulled a random around 300 dollars for a 750 figure from they are just over a 100 bucks

I searched on Amazon.com, it wasn't random.

It seems that I had searched for the wrong thing, though.

• 1 month later...

Delayed until 27th January, round about the time everyone will stop caring about it.

Many, including myself already don't care about it (I'll still get it when it's going to be on sale on steam for five dollars). But that doesn't matter at all, as the low sales numbers are obviously going to be blamed on piracy,

deserves to be pirated for the delay and for putting consoles first yet again.

meh, i think pc users should just ignore it completely.

GTA IV was just a mediocrity.