6 Nikkor lens on rebate until 14/6/2014

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, if only i could afford to get my father a new Nifty-fifty... 

Damn, if only i could afford to get my father a new Nifty-fifty... 

Why not buy the D version which won't autofocus with his d3200, but will get him there. Also, does he have a need for prime lens? Has he tested only that length using the kit lens? eg. keep at 50mm and try shooting without zooming in/out

Actually both him and myself find the prime easier to use/handle than the zoom. And I'm assuming you mean this one right ? http://en.nikon.ca/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/AF-Nikkor-50mm-f%252F1.8D.html (Would this one be backwards compatible with an N2000/F-301?) and if you do mean that one I may as well just use his current one (it works, I tested all his old lens already lol)

Actually both him and myself find the prime easier to use/handle than the zoom. And I'm assuming you mean this one right ? http://en.nikon.ca/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/AF-Nikkor-50mm-f%252F1.8D.html (Would this one be backwards compatible with an N2000/F-301?) and if you do mean that one I may as well just use his current one (it works, I tested all his old lens already lol)

Nikon lenses can be categorised into the following classes: 

1) Pre-AI (these lenses are not marked as such). 

2) AI, AI-S and AI modified 

3) AI-P 

4) AF (and AF-D and AF-N) 

5) AF-S/AF-I (with aperture ring) 

6) G-Type (these are all AF-S) 

The Nikon F-301 is a camera that is made to the AI-S standard. This means the lens is connected to the camera by purely mechanical means. Lenses in class 2, 3, 4, and 5 are compatible as they have both an aperture ring, and a AI coupling ridge. Please also note, class 6 lenses are all marked AF-S too, so be VERY careful looking for the G marking and avoid these lens in the F-301

Also, if you already tested his old lens and it works, then just use it! And yeah, I did mean that one, but if the old lens works perfectly fine, why spend more?