Photo

CCleaner For Android Hits The Google Play Store!

ccleaner google play store android ccleaner google play store

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:45

Depends on what you mean by "just like Windows". When uninstalling WinRT apps, for example, all the junk is also removed.

Windows RT is not true Windows.  Otherwise, I would of specified RT.  Some people like to bitch and moan about a certain company when the company they like has been known to have the same problems with their software.  Yes, different platforms but dont wine and complain about one companies problems while the company you like has issues as well.  That was my point.

So not that big problems don't need solutions at all (presumably as long as there are bigger problems), is what you're saying?

Not that CC actually ever solves anything, Windows or now Android, but the way you say doesn't seem right.

It was my opinion and my usage.  It does help with Windows and I use it a lot when I have software issues/errors.  Was working on a guys system the other day, Win7 Pro, and CCLEANER found over 3gb of useless files and over 6k invalid registry entries.  Cleaning all that up, system ran smoother and got rid of a few errors.

#17 acido00

acido00

Software Developer

• 1,514 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:48

A windows phone does not need a CCleaner! that is good at least.

#18 Hadrien01

Hadrien01

Neowinian

• 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:53

A windows phone does not need a CCleaner! that is good at least.

Well, it still has that "Other" storage category, and Temp files that don't ever go...

#19 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,920 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 13:20

Some people here really haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Every application that uses the Internet, on every device connected to the Internet will need some form of caching when it downloads content. Windows Phone is not immune from that need.

#20 Jack 0Neill

Jack 0Neill

Neowinian

• 640 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:03

Even their software is, lol.

Yeah I switched to BleachBit which seems to be far better. Friends over at Lunarsoft recommended it.