CCleaner For Android Hits The Google Play Store!

Piriform, the company responsible for the popular PC utility CCleaner, has today announced that CCleaner for Android is now out of Beta and available to download for free.

Since the Beta was released, more features have been added and the performance has been improved. We love the fact that as well as being completely free, the app is also advert free, a privilege which you normally have to pay extra for on most apps.

android_featured_image_3_1-1.png

CCleaner for Android will ensure that your Android device stays clean by tidying up your browser history, download folders, call logs and SMS messages as well as giving you the option to remove all the unnecessary or un-used applications so that you can free up more memory space for you to use. One really great feature is the Monitor System, which enables you to keep track of your CPU, RAM, storage space and battery levels so that you can ensure that your Android device is in tip top condition.

You can download CCleaner for Android now from the Google Play Store.

Source

I wonder if this offer any benefit over doing things manually... I mean adding an APP just to remove other APP info, is redudant a bit. I can see how in windows it is necessary since CCleaner has 1000x options for windows. For android? not so much.

• Like 1

Temp files, Cache, left over app files after uninstall of 3rd party apps. etc, etc..

Android has all that? :wacko:

Yeah, unfortunately, (for me anyway) my sd card is a mess. Google need to implement a unified folder hierarchy to stop developers creating random folders all the time. 

• Like 2

Well of course, every OS/App has some form of Cache/Temp files, it's how the OS handles or deals with it which is the problem.

Yup, just like Windows.  Mostly it is files that are edited/saved in the installation folders that are not created by the program. 

Anyway, useless app since it really is not that big of a problem.

Anyway, useless app since it really is not that big of a problem.

So not that big problems don't need solutions at all (presumably as long as there are bigger problems), is what you're saying?

Not that CC actually ever solves anything, Windows or now Android, but the way you say doesn't seem right.

Piriform is a terrbile company and their "support" forums are garbage. Seen them ban users for providing fixes and then the user asks months later why the fix wasn't implemented. I stopped going there cause of how they treat community members who tried to help.

Yup, just like Windows.

Depends on what you mean by "just like Windows". When uninstalling WinRT apps, for example, all the junk is also removed.

Depends on what you mean by "just like Windows". When uninstalling WinRT apps, for example, all the junk is also removed.

lol how technical...

Windows RT is not true Windows.  Otherwise, I would of specified RT.  Some people like to bitch and moan about a certain company when the company they like has been known to have the same problems with their software.  Yes, different platforms but dont wine and complain about one companies problems while the company you like has issues as well.  That was my point.

So not that big problems don't need solutions at all (presumably as long as there are bigger problems), is what you're saying?

Not that CC actually ever solves anything, Windows or now Android, but the way you say doesn't seem right.

It was my opinion and my usage.  It does help with Windows and I use it a lot when I have software issues/errors.  Was working on a guys system the other day, Win7 Pro, and CCLEANER found over 3gb of useless files and over 6k invalid registry entries.  Cleaning all that up, system ran smoother and got rid of a few errors.

A windows phone does not need a CCleaner! that is good at least.

Well, it still has that "Other" storage category, and Temp files that don't ever go...

Some people here really haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Every application that uses the Internet, on every device connected to the Internet will need some form of caching when it downloads content. Windows Phone is not immune from that need.

• Like 1