DRIVECLUB weather effects shown off

Wow, that first image of the race in the rain is stunning.

To me, the overall image quality looks better in the first picture then the second one without any rain. I guess because the rain effects just look so darn good.

I'm not a big racing fan, but I'll be very tempted to pick this game up when it goes on sale.

Evolution Studios has also confirmed that Driveclub will run at 1080p/30 frames per second (FPS). The studio had hoped to achieve 60 FPS when development began, but settled eventually on 30 FPS.[9] The game will also contain a day-night cycle, and it will also feature weather such as rain or snow.[2]

ohh my god, that again?

why can't we have nice things?    with the delay, why can't they make it pretty and still get 60FPS?    does it just mean that the coding is not there yet, or that the coding will never be there, and to get better then 30FPS on quality graphics, you have to go to more recent PC...

anyway...  game looks perfect and I will surely play it :)

ohh my god, that again?

why can't we have nice things?    with the delay, why can't they make it pretty and still get 60FPS?    does it just mean that the coding is not there yet, or that the coding will never be there, and to get better then 30FPS on quality graphics, you have to go to more recent PC...

anyway...  game looks perfect and I will surely play it :)

If it's a great game, no one will care about 30 fps or 60 fps. On the other hand, if it suffers from bad AI, terrible physics etc, and is only pushing 30 fps, then people could complain. Judge the game on how it plays, not how many pixels it's generating. There have been plenty of pretty, visually stunning, but terrible games on every console, in every generation.

• Like 1

Looks sick. I might just be glad I kept that ps4. Is there a free beta or anything with preorder?

Looks sick. I might just be glad I kept that ps4. Is there a free beta or anything with preorder?

As far as i know PSN+ subs get a free stripped down version of the game.

Excuse my ignorance if this question has been answered since I haven't followed this game closely.  Is the game an arcade driver or a simulation driver?

Excuse my ignorance if this question has been answered since I haven't followed this game closely.  Is the game an arcade driver or a simulation driver?

Bit of a mish-mash (semi-realistic physics, weather/temperature affects driving conditions), but leaning more to arcade.

PGR is thrown about a lot when talking about Driveclub. Or even it's what Forza Horizon is to Forza.

• Like 1

As far as i know PSN+ subs get a free stripped down version of the game.

Oh, really? I did some Googling and there are conflicting reports on a July beta but it seems that Sony is denying it.

Bit of a mish-mash (semi-realistic physics, weather/temperature affects driving conditions), but leaning more to arcade.

PGR is thrown about a lot when talking about Driveclub. Or even it's what Forza Horizon is to Forza.

Interesting...at first glance, I thought it was more along the simulation side. In any case, thanks for the clarification.