A new and well needed update has been released by Microsoft for Xbox Music. Just take note that this is only for the people who got their hands on the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview. The update was originally set for June 6 but it was pushed back now WP8.1 users can finally get this update. The official response on the delay was:
“Our fourth update to the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Music app is almost ready. We have a few tweaks we want to get in this one, so expect it early next week. This next release will continue to deliver on feature requests you are providing through the User Voice forum. So please, keep the feedback coming.”
Many people seem very pleased with the new update, in the review section one user states:
"The last update improved few things, now I can see all covers and the artists backgrounds and it seems a little faster. I gave it 4 stars hoping it will improve Update 1: Perfect! Now there's a swipe up and down to change tracks. Waiting for the new update "
The official changelog:
- Songs list scrolls faster.
- You can now add more than 100 songs to your playback queue! This means that "shuffle all" will add more variety to your listening experience.
- App and pinned tiles support custom backgrounds and theme colors.
- Artist art backgrounds now load more smoothly.
- Songs already in your collection can now be purchased.
Unfortunately, there's a tiny problem with this new update, as Softpedia reports, some people who updated to the latest version were hit with streaming issues.
What are you waiting for? Download it now for Windows Phone 8.1!