Steam Summer Sale 2014

SSSD10.PNG

-----

Looks like the Steam Summer sale dates have leaked. Its starts June 19th. I actually saved money for it this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-11-steam-summer-sale-2014-starts-19th-june

Remember the rules

SSq288P.png

Edited by Andrew G.
  • Like 1

I know what will happen, I'll see a game I like he look of, but not buy it in the hope the games I actually want go in the sale and before I know it the sale is over and I've bought nothing :(

My first Steam summer sale as a PC gamer.. I'm so excited to fill my library with games i don't have time to play.

Tip: Before you buy a game that's on sale, wait for them to pop-up on one of the daily sales. Most games are on sale throughout but will have a day with a higher discount. Otherwise buy them on the last day.

Tip: Before you buy a game that's on sale, wait for them to pop-up on one of the daily sales. Most games are on sale throughout but will have a day with a higher discount. Otherwise buy them on the last day.

Will do that, thanks

The GOG Summer Sale started a couple of minutes ago.

Don't really want to hijack this thread, so maybe a mod could make a thread with the various summer sales and keep it up to date. Any takers?

I already bought a game from this sale. Total Annihilation Kingdoms. Loved that game. 

cool thanks

In diagram form (not my image):

2408463-8572198200-origi.png

Damn, of course the day I leave for vacation!  Well, that's probably for the best anyway. :p

Consider yourself lucky. You have been spared. Avoid the internet while traveling.

I know what will happen, I'll see a game I like he look of, but not buy it in the hope the games I actually want go in the sale and before I know it the sale is over and I've bought nothing :(

This is also not such a bad thing. Better this than realizing you've spent $200 in three weeks and can hear laughter all the way from Bellevue half way across the world

• Like 1

The only downside of the summer sale is it takes traffic away from other games like TF2 which really needs a pick me up. I've been playing lately on a few community servers like wickedafterlife and its still a very fun game even after all this time. I just think Valve needs to do some upgrades on the game vs releasing new weapons/hats.

I'm waiting ! I've got $30 put away for Steam sales ready to go :)

This is a reasonable budget, i have a similar spend in mind. Will not go overboard again.

The only downside of the summer sale is it takes traffic away from other games like TF2 which really needs a pick me up. I've been playing lately on a few community servers like wickedafterlife and its still a very fun game even after all this time. I just think Valve needs to do some upgrades on the game vs releasing new weapons/hats.

Team Fortress 2 was released on October 9, 2007. It has been out for 6 years, 8 months and 7 days. During that time, the game has received many updates that have kept it alive. The fact that less and less people are playing it now shouldn't be a surprise. That doesn't necessarily mean Valve will completely ignore it. Maybe they have more updates planned but at the moment, they're focusing on Dota 2 and whatever unannounced projects they're working on (e.g. Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3).

Anyway, I don't plan on buying anything. I'm satisfied with Dota 2, Battlefield 4, and Metro: Last Light.

The only PC game I have budgeted for this year is GTA 5. But I'll be looking at the sale to see if something interesting is available!

Now I need to go back through my list of first person shooters that I was interested in over the past year.  Never buy those single player FPS games new on PC.  Wait 4-6 months for a Steam sell and pick them up for $15-$30 as oppose to $60.  Glad I waited for BioShock Infinite last year.  I got it for $10 at the end of November.

Probably the game I'm most interested in at the moment is the new Wolfenstein game, but I doubt it will be on sale for this one.

My first Steam summer sale as a PC gamer.. I'm so excited to fill my library with games i don't have time to play.

Honestly at the price some games are sometimes i buy them just to support the dev even if i know i might never finish them. Specially the indie titles or titles by smaller publishers.

I got Valdis Story for 4$ last year. So far played it for around 3 hours. It is a great old school game and even if i might never finish it i'm still glad i bought it to suport the small dev team (1 man and 1 woman).

Of course before spending 60$ on a game by EA and Ubi Soft i want to be sure i'll have enough time and will to play it ;)

• Like 1