Steam Summer Sale 2014

official steam valve sale pc video games indie

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:52

I am gonna pass this summer sale as I haven't played a single purchased game from last year's sale. :p

#152 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 29 June 2014 - 17:09

Encore day so no new image for the OP

#153 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 June 2014 - 17:09

is today the last day or is it on tomorrow (30th) as well?

#154 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2014 - 17:18

By the amount of games on the front page, I doubt they'll bring new list for the 30th until the 31st.

#155 MillionVoltss

MillionVoltss

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2014 - 17:41

24hr Left:

https://store.steamp...obilestorefront

#156 Crono21

Crono21

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4s

Posted 29 June 2014 - 21:02

I got Defense Grid, summoner, Flatout 1 and 2, ORB, Spiderweb software complete pack, startopia, civilization 4 complete, space empires IV, original war, and the thief classics pack and archon classic,

I wish I had gotten Dominions 3 and 4 instead of a few of those games. :-/

#157 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 29 June 2014 - 21:10

I thought I could get through, but I picked up Battleblock Theater for 3 quid.

Will probably pick up Grid Autosport soon as well, but that wasn't in the sale (it just came out).

#158 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 00:52

Looks like this sale wasn't as much of a spend-marathon as last year's summer sale for most of us. That's good, i don't mean anything against Valve, but many here (including yours truly) have really gone to town on some of the past events. That is not healthy. Also, the fact that they had two huge sales within a month of each other last holiday season didn't do them any favors - honestly i thought that was a little greedy and a cheap attempt to distract from the new consoles launching.

That said, this sale was lots of fun. The teams were cool, and thanks to DM i discoved the joys of selling trading cards for $0.17 :laugh:

In total spent around US$20, pretty low. Highlight is definitely Wolf Among Us, thanks to this sale finally playing it. Excellent experience, i think at least as good as the first Walking Dead season, and much better than the ho-hum second one.

#159 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:19

Wish I hadn't had to miss half the sale (more-so actually), though I guess it doesn't matter when you have no money to spend on games....would have liked to get Walking Dead Season 2 and Wolf Among Us but I can't afford either.

#160 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:40

Wish I hadn't had to miss half the sale (more-so actually), though I guess it doesn't matter when you have no money to spend on games....would have liked to get Walking Dead Season 2 and Wolf Among Us but I can't afford either.

Hope you don't mind me prying, but what happened? Hope you're OK. i know all about being tapped....never exactly flush with cash and last year spending on Steam sales was one of my breaking points once i realized i was spending hundreds that i didn't have. It's better to pass up a sale than stretch yourself even thinner. Wolf Among Us isn't going anywhere, you know very well it will be on sale again soon, and even if not, once you're on your feet again even the $25 full price will be fine. Sorry for the rambling pep talk.

#161 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:51

Hope you don't mind me prying, but what happened? Hope you're OK. i know all about being tapped....never exactly flush with cash and last year spending on Steam sales was one of my breaking points once i realized i was spending hundreds that i didn't have. It's better to pass up a sale than stretch yourself even thinner. Wolf Among Us isn't going anywhere, you know very well it will be on sale again soon, and even if not, once you're on your feet again even the $25 full price will be fine. Sorry for the rambling pep talk.

I wish my money situation was what caused me to miss more than half the sale.....that was due to some losses in the family. One expected, followed shortly by, one very unexpected....took about three weeks to get everything that need to be handled afterwards taken care of.

#162 CactuzJak

CactuzJak

Neowinian

• Phone: Cyanogen Mod 7.1

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:51

i got far cry 3, batman arkham origins, mortal kombat komplete kollection, saints row iv dlc, hitman absolution and wolfenstein. but with all the cards i sold i basically got one of the cheaper games for free, so i spent ~$50

#163 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:30

s90Er0a.jpg

#164 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:15

I wish my money situation was what caused me to miss more than half the sale.....that was due to some losses in the family. One expected, followed shortly by, one very unexpected....took about three weeks to get everything that need to be handled afterwards taken care of.

My condolences and terrible to hear this. Wish your family the best. The games will be there when you feel better, they can offer much solace.

#165 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:03

I missed out on 4 games i wanted by holding off and then missing them.. not one of them came back around in a flash sale, daily deal or the encore :(