• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#16 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:30

Sounds like the July update will begin rolling out soon.

http://majornelson.c...?linkId=8750127

Roll on to August!

#17 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:27

So I held off posting as I thought it very well could  be my new receiver that was causing the issue, but I have definitely isolated the issue to the One itself.

So anyone else having major issues with their cable box coming through the One with this latest beta update?

I know one of the main points of this update was to improve connectivity of the HDMI connection for the Watch TV, but whatever they did has actually made it much worse on my end. I am constantly getting Lost signal to TV message. The video just freezes completely, and I also get a weird blinking of snow and black screen. I can now say it is definitely The One as I hooked up my Cable Box to its own separate HDMI input yesterday and no issues at all the entire day. Tried putting it back through the One and same issues instantly.

I really like this feature when it does work, but right now it is not usable. Anyone know if this is a known issue?

I know they list this as one of the potential setbacks of being part of the Beta program, but it was working not so good prior to the last update, the last update seemed to have fixed everything, but now this latest update has taken like 4 steps back.

#18 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:56

So I held off posting as I thought it very well could  be my new receiver that was causing the issue, but I have definitely isolated the issue to the One itself.

So anyone else having major issues with their cable box coming through the One with this latest beta update?

I know one of the main points of this update was to improve connectivity of the HDMI connection for the Watch TV, but whatever they did has actually made it much worse on my end. I am constantly getting Lost signal to TV message. The video just freezes completely, and I also get a weird blinking of snow and black screen. I can now say it is definitely The One as I hooked up my Cable Box to its own separate HDMI input yesterday and no issues at all the entire day. Tried putting it back through the One and same issues instantly.

I really like this feature when it does work, but right now it is not usable. Anyone know if this is a known issue?

I know they list this as one of the potential setbacks of being part of the Beta program, but it was working not so good prior to the last update, the last update seemed to have fixed everything, but now this latest update has taken like 4 steps back.

helps to know which provider and cable box you're using. I'm not familiar with cable companies in New Jersey.

I haven't had any problems with the Cisco 4642HD from Rogers Cable in Canada. well, other than the box being a slow POS

#19 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:16

Sounds like you need to report this along with the details of your equipment to the appropriate beta reporting areas.

When it comes to any device working properly with each and every receiver/cable box/etc, it can be a needle in a haystack for the developer to find the cause of issues that crop up over time, especially when its not a universal issue, but something that may be specific to a single model of receiver for example.

#20 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:31

Sounds like you need to report this along with the details of your equipment to the appropriate beta reporting areas.

When it comes to any device working properly with each and every receiver/cable box/etc, it can be a needle in a haystack for the developer to find the cause of issues that crop up over time, especially when its not a universal issue, but something that may be specific to a single model of receiver for example.

Sorry, I cannot give them a pass on this just because of different hardware configurations at this point in time.

We are less than 4 months away from a year after launch.
I think we are pretty much past the point in time different hardware is some kind of valid excuse. Especially since it worked with very little issue prior to this latest update. Now not only do I have issues, they are major. To the point it is unusable.

It is also a pretty integral aspect of what they advertise as making the One the all in one entertainment device for your living room.

I just cannot get behind the frame of mind or thinking of "oh well, let's just sit back and accept the fact this stuff is difficult and there are bound to be issues," especially when it is the primary functionality I currently use my One for. If not for the fact of Watching Live TV through the One, it would barely be on.

So seriously, they need to get their act together and fast.

helps to know which provider and cable box you're using. I'm not familiar with cable companies in New Jersey.

I haven't had any problems with the Cisco 4642HD from Rogers Cable in Canada. well, other than the box being a slow POS

I have Verizon FIOS as my provider and a Motorola QIP6416-2.

With that said I did not expect anyone would be able to help me with my exact setup. I was simply asking if anyone else was having issues. 

#21 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 July 2014 - 18:33

Sorry, I cannot give them a pass on this just because of different hardware configurations at this point in time.
We are less than 4 months away from a year after launch.
I think we are pretty much past the point in time different hardware is some kind of valid excuse. Especially since it worked with very little issue prior to this latest update. Now not only do I have issues, they are major. To the point it is unusable.

It is also a pretty integral aspect of what they advertise as making the One the all in one entertainment device for your living room.
I just cannot get behind the frame of mind or thinking of "oh well, let's just sit back and accept the fact this stuff is difficult and there are bound to be issues," especially when it is the primary functionality I currently use my One for. If not for the fact of Watching Live TV through the One, it would barely be on.

So seriously, they need to get their act together and fast.

Um, I never suggested giving them a pass. Maybe you should re-read my post first before pouncing. I think you mistook my explanation for how issues like this can crop up as 'defending' them. I was just talking about how this works behind the scene.

I suggested to you that you should report your issues wherever beta testers are suppose to report these things. Are you saying you refuse to do that? MS wants to fix problems if you are not aware and that is one reason they started the beta program in the first place. When problems like this come up, they have a pool of users to provide feedback and help them sort out the cause of the issue.

If you only use your X1 for TV, then I understand why you would be extra upset about issues that show up, its perfectly fair to feel that way. I mean, its a $500 TV viewer, it has to be flawless or its a huge waste. If I was in your place, I would be seriously considering alternatives after I saw what MS did to try to fix the issue I reported.

#22 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 19:21

I have some issues with loss of signal and my current fix is to change to a SD channel then change back to a HD channel.

Rarely I have to fully reboot my One, but it does happen from time to time. If you use "instant on" try a full reboot of the system.

#23 PUC_Snakeman

PUC_Snakeman

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2014 - 21:04

I am having a problem, too, that appears to have only started with this July 2014 XBox One update.

I posted in the only relevant place I could think:

http://forums.xbox.c...ort/f/4277.aspx

http://forums.xbox.c.../t/1788440.aspx

#24 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2014 - 16:18

So did you guys share your issues with MS yet via the xbox beta support forums?

#25 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 17 July 2014 - 17:45

Any hints about the August update yet?  :p   I'm ready to see what they can add next.

#26 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 17 July 2014 - 18:07

Any hints about the August update yet?  :p   I'm ready to see what they can add next.

Read the message in the Messages on Xbox or Smartglass.

It will tell you.