Which is your favorite BitTorrent client?   53 votes

1. 1. Which is your favorite BitTorrent client?

• Tixati
    • uTorrent
    • qBitTorrent
    • MediaGet
    • BitTorrent
    • Vuze [Former Azureus]
    • Opera
    • Transmission
    • BitTorrent
    • Deluge
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

Which is your favorite BitTorrent client and why?

Is it because:

of it's GUi?

of it's download/upload speeds?

because it is lightweight?

of privacy?

it's ad-free?

it's free?

it has plugins?

I've been using uTorrent for years of it's simple GUI, it uses low resources but now I'm switching to qBitTorrent because:

it's ad-free (i know you can disable the ads in uTorrent), I care for my privacy, it comes without plugins/extensions I don't need, it's lightweight and it has the sames speeds with uTorrent

So which one is your favorite?

Posted

utorrent comes with plugins? Speeds should be the same regardless of torrent client. That said, utorrent with adds and everything else disabled.

Posted

uTorrent, keep wanting to switch to something else but so far, nothing beats it for what I need (yet).  Fast, lightweight, reliable.  And ditto above.. plugins?   Tixati would be my second pick if uTorrent starts throwing more ads that can't be hidden or something, but for now, I never see any so *shrug*.

Posted

Yes it does.

I'm talking about: "Featured Content", "Feeds", "Devices", "New Apps"

utorrent-utorrent-06-700x510.jpg

utorrent.png

uTorrent, keep wanting to switch to something else but so far, nothing beats it for what I need (yet).  Fast, lightweight, reliable.  And ditto above.. plugins?   Tixati would be my second pick if uTorrent starts throwing more ads that can't be hidden or something, but for now, I never see any so *shrug*.

qBitTorrent, give it a try.

Posted

Transmission for me, very very simple, but perfectly functional for my needs.

Posted

Yes it does. I'm talking about: "Featured Content", "Feeds", "Devices", "New Apps"

Ohhh, those are built in, not plugins. Feeds is actually pretty useful for some things, automatically grabs new downloads without having to do anything on your part. The rest *shrug* never see it. I don't even have the sidebar thing enabled, never use it. Clean and simple, no ads and nothing I don't actually use. Obviously scaled down a bajillion percent too, you get the idea.

utorrezez.png

qBitTorrent, give it a try.

I have, not bad by any stretch but still prefer uTorrent. "It just works" applies, and it's not doing anything I don't want it to so haven't had a desire to switch yet.  Again, that can change if they decide to get more aggressive with their advertising in-program, in which case I'll be the first to kick it to the curb.  I don't [i]need[/i] it, just prefer it.

2 people like this

Posted

Utorrent is my fav, you can disable the ads so that's fine for me.

To turn off ads and offers, open Options > Preferences > Advanced. Here you'll find a large list of flags for the app and a filter box. Search for and disable the following flags

• offers.left_rail_offer_enabled/left_rail_offer
  • gui.show_plus_upsell
  • offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled/sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled
  • bt.enable_pulse
  • gui.show_notorrents_node
  • offers.content_offer_autoexec
3 people like this

Posted

I still use uTorrent 2.0.4, its not vulnerable to the DLL Hijacking Exploit like other old versions.

Most importantly however it does what uTorrent was designed to do... downloads torrents. Its not full of adverts and other junk like newer versions!

2hp820m.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I still use uTorrent 2.0.4, its not vulnerable to the DLL Hijacking Exploit like other old versions.

7.5TB? That's a lot of Linux distros! :shifty:

2 people like this

Posted

7.5TB? That's a lot of Linux distros! :shifty:

Linux distros are like Pokemon, gotta catch them all  :rofl:

The stats go back around 6 years, I dont really download anything these days, uTorrent has basically just sat idle on my webserver for the last year or two now.

1 person likes this

Posted

I currently use the same version. I tried to swich to another client as I was not happy with the lastest change, but finally I thought it was just better to stick with with an old version.

By the way, the french private tracker t411 advise  people to use version 2.2.1 . According to them version 3.x suffers from bugs that appears randomly (upload not fully exploited, errors on torrents, torrents that are blocked, errors in passkeys ).  In other words, there's no hesitation to dump latest version, especially with the advertising. I'm suspecting some hidden malware too.

Posted

I use BitTorrent. No particular reason I choose it over uTorrent aside from me preferring the icon set in it.

Posted

qBittorrent, simple, fast and easily configurable.

Posted

Tixati, it happily fulfills all my illegal torrent needs :p (<--- that was a joke)
I used to use utorrent, but I hate the way it deletes, and when it glitches, it closes all internet access to my pc.

Posted

lol I am still using uTorrent 1.6 :p

no ads

no exploits

I don't like my torrent client to connect to any other servers or IP that is not controllable/blockable by IPFILTER.  uTorrent version higher than 1.6 will connect itself to other unknown servers other than the tracker and the peers.  I can't allow that.

Posted

Windows uTorrent, Linux Transmission.

Posted

75% of the time Utorrent 2.2.1 (windows)

25% of the time that im in nix Deluge WebUI (My dedicated server runs this for some torrents)

Posted

rutorrent on my seedbox

1 person likes this

Posted

qBittorrent across all operating systems.

Posted

well, I've got uTorrent 2.2.1. not installed but if I need a T client on my laptop, I'll install it.

on the seedbox, rTorrent 0.9.3 runs 24/7 with ruTorrent webui

Posted

Vote: Other Client: rtorrent

Reasoning: It's a highly configurable, extremely efficient and low resource client that runs in any terminal that supports ncurses. A perfect fit for me.

Posted

qbittorrent is easy and very simply interface similar to Utorrent 2 before all the ads. Recommend it to anyone who wants something simple and good

Posted

Got vuze running on one of my media centers, which also doubles as a server.

It happily runs on a second user I can remote it on, grabs torrent files I dump in my shared import folder, auto cathodes my Torres based on tracker, or manually in a web GUI, and automatically dumps them in folders based on the category.

Ever since the original client I used back in the early days of torrents was abandoned, I've been using azureus/vuze. Others just don't work as well for my uses. I use uTorrent occasionally locally on my computers though.

Posted

uTorrent on Win & qbittorrent on Linux :)

Posted

Transmission on Linux.  uTorrent is good, but last time I downloaded it for Windows, it came with ads and sponsored downloads and crap unless you bought "uTorrent Plus".