Looking for a new case...

Hi all, starting to build a new PC, which means I need a new case (thought I'd start with this but I do have a general idea as to what components I need)

Needs to:

- support standard ATX mobo

- be ?50 or less

- fit a full length GPU

- fit 3 standard HDDs, an SSD and an optical drive

- must fit my existing cpu cooler (pretty big! Akasa Venom, 163mm in depth to the side of my existing case, literally just fits!)

- better cable management is desirable

- any sound proofing is desirable

- bigger fans... yes... also desirable

So, I'm open to suggestions.

I don't care so much about looks as these criteria because my cases are generally hidden under my desk.

Thanks.

That was a solid suggestion. In the end, I totally ignored my budget and impulse bought:

NZXT%20H440%20PC%20Case%20(3).jpg

Now, can we start a donation pool so I can eat this week?  :blink:

Next... to fight the temptation to put my existing components in this before I get all the new stuff....  :woot:

• Like 1

Haha, sell your old stuff that you don't need :p

I would if it were worth anything, but as you can see, it's not exactly brilliant. Probably donate it to my parents or brother.

I've decided to buy a part every week that I have money spare and not to cheap out for a change.

For that matter, how does this look?

Corsair CP-9020077-UK Builder Series 650W CS650M ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit

MSI R9 270X Gaming 4G PCIe Graphics Card (DDR5,2xDVI,HD?MI,DP,2S)

G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 2133, 11-11-11-30, 1.6v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready) (Two of these for 16gb)

AMD FX8350 Black Edition 8 Core Processor (4.0/4.2GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 8MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 125W, Retail Boxed)

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 SKT-AM3+ Motherboard (Rev 1.0)

BTW, what's up with all these AMD motherboards and processors still from 2011? Have they really not released anything decent in between now and then? Or am I just looking at really dated stuff?

First  thing I would do. Looks like that mobo needs F9 of the BIOS updates, before you can use that CPU (its the 2nd to last BIOS on the site). May as well say the last for now. The latest BIOS is beta. Which I wouldnt use

So whoever youre buying the parts from (or if youre going in person), I would ask them to flash the BIOS with a lower spec CPU first. Otherwise, it wont work (if F9 isnt on it). Or you'll have to go somewhere to get to flashed.

Before you can use it.

Ah poo (but thanks for noticing, I would have never!), I'd rather just get a mobo that's supported right away.

Any suggestions? In truth, I went for that one because of the colour scheme. Yeah, I did a full 180 and I decided that I want to build one of those PCs that you're all like... woaah, it's beautiful.

Black and white case, black and white mobo. Will need to look at that ram again >_>

If you decided to go for Intel you could get one of the series 9 mobos. Which should hopefully support the CPU you're getting. Thats what I did a few weeks ago. I was going to get the B85M-E. But it needed a BIOS update (from the shop) first.

Since the CPU I did get was one of the newer haswell refresh CPU's (which came out beginning of this year).

But in the end, I decided to go for a series 9 mobo (H97M-E,), which I would say will support the CPU I've got.

Since / Because the BIOS update the ASUS site says you need for the CPU isn't even on the ASUS site. And the updates that are on the site, are later BIOS updates