Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerowen

Marines Deployed Back To Iraq To Evacuate Embassy

23 posts in this topic

A Marine FAST (Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Teams) team has been deployed to Baghdad to help evacuate the U.S. Embassy. A strike on Baghdad is expected soon, and ISIS is about to have one hell of surprise when they run into Marines instead of unarmed civilians for a change.

Source with video

misleading title. they are deployed to evacuate Americans and "The US is deploying up to 275 military personnel to protect staff at its huge embassy in the capital."

2 people like this

At this point i'd just fold and pull all assets out of Iraq... Embassy..everything. We'll be there another 10+ years trying to restore what took such little time to tear down. I think we can all safely say that it was a bad idea to leave Iraq when we did.

4 people like this

I think we can all safely say that it was a bad idea to leave Iraq when we did.

I think we can all safely say that it It was a bad idea to go to Iraq to begin with...

19 people like this

the title made me think of:

ISIS-archer.jpg

And now there is a real terrorist org with the same name.  LOL

5 people like this

I think we can all safely say that it It was a bad idea to go to Iraq to begin with...

Exactly what I was thinking. I cannot  agree to the fact that it was a bad idea to pull out so early as I do not agree with the fact we are there to begin with.

2 people like this

the title made me think of:

ISIS-archer.jpg

And now there is a real terrorist org with the same name.  LOL

This is exactly what I think about every time I hear about ISIS.

1 person likes this

Yea well i guess we can thank our wonderful bi partisan politicians that voted for us to go there.

Here are your brave warrior Dems, those who voted Yes, covered in testosterone (or confusion) and glory with fellow Republicans.

I?ve highlighted a few names to note:

YEAs ? 77

Bayh (D-IN)

Biden (D-DE)

Breaux (D-LA)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Carnahan (D-MO)

Carper (D-DE)

Cleland (D-GA)

Clinton (D-NY)

Daschle (D-SD)

Dodd (D-CT)

Dorgan (D-ND)

Edwards (D-NC)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Harkin (D-IA) Hollings (D-SC)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kerry (D-MA)

Kohl (D-WI)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Lieberman (D-CT)

Lincoln (D-AR)

Miller (D-GA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Nelson (D-NE)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Schumer (D-NY)

Torricelli (D-NJ)

Ah...lookie there... Clinton, Biden...and Reid. 

Yea well i guess we can thank our wonderful bi partisan politicians that voted for us to go there.

Here are your brave warrior Dems, those who voted Yes, covered in testosterone (or confusion) and glory with fellow Republicans.

I?v....

I don't care who voted for it, I have always been against it. Dem/Repubs, whoever...

2 people like this

<snipped>

You're beating a dead horse.  I think most people are aware that Democrats and Republicans voted to send us into Iraq.  Staying longer would have only meant the death of more of our men and women, it was time to pull the plug.

Operation Iraqi Freedom 2.0?   

###### is ridiculous.   That area will never be peaceful, and the US will just go right back over.  

I don't care who voted for it, I have always been against it. Dem/Repubs, whoever...

You should care...considering it's our votes that put them in office...so yea you voted for it.

Operation Iraqi Freedom 2.0?   

###### is ridiculous.   That area will never be peaceful, and the US will just go right back over.  

The only way that place will ever be peaceful is if the place is leveled and wiped out completely. 

... the reason why Iraq should have never been invaded in the first place. Iraq, the new Vietnam.

The democrats suck just as much as the republican's do.

You should care...considering it's our votes that put them in office...so yea you voted for it.

Actually I didn't. I turned 18 after this whole mess started. And since I've been registered I, and I'm sure more people than you think, thoroughly research the candidate we vote for.

YEAs ? 77

Bayh (D-IN)

Biden (D-DE)

Breaux (D-LA)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Carnahan (D-MO)

Carper (D-DE)

Cleland (D-GA)

Clinton (D-NY)

Daschle (D-SD)

Dodd (D-CT)

Dorgan (D-ND)

Edwards (D-NC)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Harkin (D-IA) Hollings (D-SC)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kerry (D-MA)

Kohl (D-WI)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Lieberman (D-CT)

Lincoln (D-AR)

Miller (D-GA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Nelson (D-NE)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Schumer (D-NY)

Torricelli (D-NJ)

We get it, you don't like democrats or wish to try an equal out the blame so that people don't simply blame republicans. But, I think what you're missing here is that most of us on Neowin don't look at Iraq as D vs. R. We look at it as a pointless war that was started behind lies, politics, and money (yes we can say this about a lot of wars) that have cost too many unnecessary casualties both bodies and minds.

It made no sense for us to go there in the first place and the blame should be squarely on everybody involved in signing off on this. So... consider your point to be noted and let's not turn this into another silly Red/Blue thread.

1 person likes this

The only way that place will ever be peaceful is if the place is leveled and wiped out completely. 

Indeed,  it's honestly like "what the ######?"   It's not worth it to be over there because as soon as they leave, this happens. 

It's not just the Marines. USSOCOM is going in too (special ops. command). Someone's gonna get blown up, either directly or they'll be spotters for precision munitions.

It's not just the Marines. USSOCOM is going in too (special ops. command). Someone's gonna get blown up, either directly or they'll be spotters for precision munitions.

I think at this point it's safe to say that ISIS will probably be doing the blowing stuff (and people) up. They have no shortage in supply when it comes to fanatic followers, some of them have been battling for over a decade in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraque and most worrying of all they are very heavily armed and have serious financial backing. Sending a few marines and USSOCOM will not make them tremble in their boots.

The most serious threat for ISIS is the republican guard of Iran, they will do everything to push ISIS back, starting in Syria. So now we are at a point in history where both the UK and US have to rely on Iran to do the dirty work and stabilize the region. The irony is strong on this one ;)

Spotted something interesting here.

About 0:59 there's a guy peering through binoculars.  Does not appear to be Arab nor Kurd, and rather than carrying an AK, he's got an M4A1 SOPMOD slung across his chest.

Interesting...;-)

<Title Changed>

Please use the title of the article whenever possible. (Y)

Same goes for the good old US of A

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27932443

President Barack Obama says the US is ready for "targeted and precise military action" against Islamists in Iraq, "if and when the situation on the ground requires it".

But he stressed "American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq".

He said that up to 300 military advisers would be sent to help the Iraqi government's efforts.

However, he stressed that the crisis could only effectively be solved through political means.

He said it was not the US's place to choose Iraq's leaders, but urged them to pursue an "inclusive agenda".

That may be seen as a veiled criticism of Shia Prime Minister Nouri Maliki, who has been accused of anti-Sunni policies which have helped inflame unrest, correspondents say.

<Title Changed>

Please use the title of the article whenever possible. (Y)

The title changed after I shared it, apologies, :-)