Geohot roots Samsung Galaxy S5 & other android devices with Towelroot

Didn't Samsung claim the new Galaxy was unexploitable and were offering a ludicrous sum to anyone who could successfully root it?

Didn't Samsung claim the new Galaxy was unexploitable and were offering a ludicrous sum to anyone who could successfully root it?

I know the hacking community setup bounties, not sure if samsung did or not. Geohot just compiled the exploits into a package as normal, for $$$, like when he tried to sell the iOS jailbreak - other people found the bugs. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2728051

I wish Geohot would start working on iOS jailbreaks again. His blackra1n and limera1n exploits were the most hassle free and low on bugs jailbreaks. Whereas evasi0n and the rest have been littered with bugs and the politics going on behind the scenes is ridiculous!

They did a terrible job.  Mine has been rooted since the day I got it, about a month after launch.

I dislike that this is a point of pride nowadays. A decade ago manufacturers got good publicity from making their devices easily hackable (in the proper sense of the word).