Gunpoint Robbery Captured on Go-Pro

I'd let them have them too. It's the after action response that differs, and tactics says wait until they're at the disadvantage.

Nice going with the blade (y)

I'd let them have them too. It's the after action response that differs, and tactics says wait until they're at the disadvantage.

Nice going with the blade (Y)

Maybe. In hindsight, what I did was stupid and could easily have landed me in prison, or hospital, or worse. I felt really horrible afterwards, for months and months.  Still do at times, and this happened over 20 years ago!

When you take the law into your own hands, you have to accept the consequences of that decision.  My unconscious choice that day could easily have gotten me jailed or killed.  Your conscious choice to shoot them in the back could just as easily have dire consequences for you.

Maybe. In hindsight, what I did was stupid and could easily have landed me in prison, or hospital, or worse. I felt really horrible afterwards, for months and months.  Still do at times, and this happened over 20 years ago!

When you take the law into your own hands, you have to accept the consequences of that decision.  My unconscious choice that day could easily have gotten me jailed or killed.  Your conscious choice to shoot them in the back could just as easily have dire consequences for you.

Good for you, don't feel bad about it... the situation was reversed and you were in control you done what needed to be done, luckily for this guy you didn't do worse because i would have made sure he never robbed anyone else again by cutting off his fingers... I wouldn't have a second thought when it comes to harming these people that think it's ok to pull out a weapon and take what they want... the damage can go far behind losing a bike, what about the psychological damage? It can ruin peoples lives, scare them into going out again, trigger anxiety and all kinds of health problems, usually when people are targeted their life will never be the same again.

Maybe your actions scared this guy out of ever doing it again.

Sorry Doc, but I agree the most likely scenario is you would shout them out or whatever and then get shot yourself.

That or get into a short lived gun battle before one of the other 2 assailants flanked or wrestled you down, before stabbing or shooting you.

The cavalier and bravado attitude just seems foolish given the situation.

Plus all this dropping to prone nonsense and grabbing your side arm, just makes me think too many video games, movies and self denial.

Fair play the question was posed "What would you do?". But I HIGHLY doubt that you would risk your own life over a bike and wallet.

Nor do I believe that you or I for that matter are  some super soldier or even capable of taking on 3 armed robbers.

3 vs 1 in any fight isnt good odds, and that`s before weapons are involved

• 2 weeks later...

Except the "Fleeing Felon Rule" is subject to the laws of the state you're in (as in it may not exist for you...)...

I wouldn't advocate using deadly force against fleeing suspects. It is not worth having to wage a fight in court over and it also isn't worth accidentally striking an innocent bystander. His wallet and bike can be replaced...

It would have been justified to use it against the armed suspect on approach (if he could draw and assume firing status in time).

Totally agree, they left, you can replace the items you lost however if you decide to shoot and kill them then you will most likely be in a world of hurt in court costs and possible jail time, depending on what local laws. Not worth it.