Photo

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,955 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:11

Parents let a three-year-old get savaged by a pitbull AND take her to places like KFC...

Send the social workers in.

#47 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

• 21,067 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:38

Parents let a three-year-old get savaged by a pitbull AND take her to places like KFC...
Send the social workers in.

What are you talking about? Where do you get that they let the girl get mauled?

And are they suppose to keep her away from the world like some kind of hunchback?

#48 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 710 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:25

The cynic in me wonders if this is a money making scheme. If not, why wouldnt they name or at least try to help with identifying the employee? 

Unfortunately looks like you were right - a money making scheme.

What a s*itty thing to do. 

#49 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,859 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:50

Well that's just dodgy. (N)

#50 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,809 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:09

Pathetic...Not only did they essentially steal money from other people, they probably also made the lives of people who worked in that KFC a living hell due to all the complaints the restaurant likely received.

That girl deserves better parents, because her current ones are clearly nothing but trash.

#51 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:12

This will come back to bite them on the ass.  Fraud and extortion are, as far as I'm aware, illegal.

#52 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:38

The lengths that people will go to to make a quick buck doesn't even surprise me anymore, how sad is that?

No matter how noble the cause (daughters medical expenses), the way they have handled the situation is despicable. People would have donated money to the cause without them making up this whole story.

#53 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,798 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 14:27

http://gawker.com/li...dium=socialflow

#54 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

• 21,067 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 15:23

This is so sad. This girl, who is completely innocent in this, has probably had a good portion of her life ruined by the greediness of her family. Say what you want about KFC, about the girl's family, but at the end of the day, this girl will have to live in a world where the people around her will remember her by what her family just did.

I certainly hope I'm wrong about that, and that this girl finds someone who loves her and isn't wanting to exploit her and that this is a small part of what will turn out to be a fantastic and productive life, but these types of events can be incredibly scaring.

#55 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,097 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 15:38

Granny's in deep. As to the store,

"We have never ever, ever run off anyone, and we have seen some really, really sick people come to the restaurant from the hospital," the source said. "We've had people come in who were shot in the face. We've had them with tubes and wire sticking out. We never have asked anyone to leave."

http://www.upi.com/T.../#ixzz35ZUbiGlz

#56 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,175 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 15:47

Whats crazy is that KFC said they may still honor the donation. Either ways thats a graceful move on KFC's part

#57 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,976 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 15:58

Whats crazy is that KFC said they may still honor the donation. Either ways thats a graceful move on KFC's part

If I was KFC, I'd say we will give the money DIRECTLY to a doctor or hospital to do any work that needs done... you obviously can not trust the parents, at least they could control where the money went in that case.

#58 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,097 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 16:51

^^ this. Probably easier to set up a managed trust to make the payouts.

#59 Obry

Obry

Intaxity.com

• 1,037 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 24 June 2014 - 17:02

EDIT:

Didn't see the rest of the story. WTF...

#60 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• 1,037 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 24 June 2014 - 17:26

you can claim it all day long, but daily, employees do things that are looked at legally, and illegally and goes on a case by case basis. If it was a simple and black and white as your claim... and person can kill a company just by getting hired and then doing something awful to bring it down. 

Example: you work... (pretty sure i have seen posts about it), so what if at work, you made an illegal personal stock trade while on company time from a company phone wityh company clothes on? Guess your employer is responsible for that? Guess again. Could be that way in the states, but can't imagine it. 

It varies from state to state and whether or not you get a liberal Judge to see the case. It would be based on precedence law anyway, not actual law.