Which genre(s) of gaming would you like to see more or less of...

More of: Arcade, combat flight sims (HAWX, Ace Combat, even Afterburner) - These games have had varying levels or success, both critically and profit wise, but I'd like to see more. I don't know why I like 'em, I just do.

Less of:... Not sure about this one. I don't care for FPS, but I have no desire to see it go away. Many people dig it and it makes a fortune so I don't see the trouble.

• Like 2

More? Games like Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, loved those games!

Less? No games or genres in particular. But I think it'd be in the best interest if they stopped forcing to produce a new game every year "because they have to" or crappy console / PC ports. Opening the options screen to find the controls (on your PC), only to find an image of a GameCube controller which shows me I have to press the red button... *looks at his keyboard and thinks: "mmkay"*

More turn-based strategy (like Age of Wonders) and more Arcade... games you can play for a couple of minutes to get some quick action.

Less Simulators... I mean, we now have Goat Simulator, there's no more need for any other simulator.

I'd like to see more 3rd person or even first person stealth games, splinter cell and thief, hitman etc.   I like to play nice and slow and not rush in guns blazing.

• Like 3

More instant-action non-mission-based racing games/FPS (like classic NFS or 4x4 Evo/Unreal Tournament).

Less videos in games.

• Like 1

More turn-based strategy (like Age of Wonders) and more Arcade... games you can play for a couple of minutes to get some quick action.

Less Simulators... I mean, we now have Goat Simulator, there's no more need for any other simulator.

After growing up with games like Age of Empires I've always found turn-based strategies too complex - I still can't get a grip on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

I wanna see more stealth games too and more platformers (well just want more Prince of Persia :P)

Less - pay to play or free to play games.

More indie games - indie games are the only games that do anything new these days.

Less free to play games - free to play games are not really free, and end up costing you more than buying a full retail game of much better quality.

Im not sure its a game genre pre say but I would like to see more games with Organic gameplay, a lot more of making your own game with the odd little nudge in a direction every so often. Games like Minecraft, Starbound, Rust etc are all doing these sorts of things. 

We need more classic side-scrollers.In fact, we basically just need Commander Keen remade in HD.

• Like 2

We need more classic side-scrollers.In fact, we basically just need Commander Keen remade in HD.

Oh, yes, listen to DConnel. He's an expert on these things!  :yes:

More:

Turn based Strategy Games

Role Playing Games

Flight Simulators

Less:

MMOs

First Person Shooters

Sports Games

Don't feel like hating on anything particularly, because other people enjoy them.

But I'll personally always take more new stuff on the high end (like Titanfall and Watch Dogs) over sequels.

More of: now that VR helmets are starting the become popular I'd like to see more horror games (true horror games like we used to get not these actions "horror" games like resident evil has become)

Less of: we could do with less of the "realistic" FPS games such as battlefield and COD

More Of:

1) First-person games with non-combat orientated gameplay (ala Mirror's Edge, The Stanley Parable, Dear Esther)

2) Story-based games with dynamic narratives and consequences (ala The Walking Dead)

3) Business strategy games (ala Transport Tycoon, Sim City, Theme Hospital)

4) First-person games with freedom and flexible gameplay (ala Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored)

5) Role-playing games with compelling storytelling and depth (ala The Witcher 2, Dragon Age)

6) Star Trek games (ala Elite Force)

7) Star Wars games (ala Tie Fighter, Dark Forces)

8) Co-op games (ala Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Diablo 3)

Less Of:

1) MMOs

2) F2P / P2W

3) Call Of Duty (yes, it's a genre now)

I wish someone would come out with a game or series of games as good as the first 3 Myst games.

• Like 2