48 replies to this topic

#46 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,492 posts
  • OS: Windows Embedded Standard 8 & Server 2012/08 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:14

If every free to play game could just die that'd be great, Its a sorry state of affairs when this junk shows in pc gaming sites. Next they'll be reviewing evony and facebook games (N)

Oh and zombies, In movies (The Last Days on Mars) and games its just being lazy imagine if instead of the predator or alien they went with space zombies... Yeah that would suck.

#47 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• 1,617 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:23

Now that I think about it, we could do with less "Rust" games. Seems to be a new one every other week and they're all "Early Access".

OH! and "Early Access", I have no real issue with that process but it seems that the games never actually finish. Developers need to start proving me wrong.

#48 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,167 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:26

Now that I think about it, we could do with less "Rust" games. Seems to be a new one every other week and they're all "Early Access".

OH! and "Early Access", I have no real issue with that process but it seems that the games never actually finish. Developers need to start proving me wrong.

Betrayer finished.

#49 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:05

Less vaseline in AAA department.

Less faux 8-bit and raggedy-ass nostalgia in indies.

Both have become so prevalent they can be considered genres I want less of.

^ this!

Don't get me wrong, i love Vaseline and use it on my person all the time, but always thinking about it while playing Watch Dogs is distracting.

As for the 8-bit indies, we get it already and enough. There's a reason for progress. Too young to have gamed in the 80's and think you missed on something? Older and pine for your 80's youth? Don't, games in the 80's were ######. And i loved each one of them back then. Back then. And on the offchance anyone disagrees, i think all of the good pixel indies would have been just as good if not better with modern-styled graphics (i love Pixeljunk Shooter, Hotline Miami, Fez, and others).

Lifeless Planet is an indie i can respect. Mediocre game but was made by one dude, and looks pretty good for that. At least it's obvious the guy tried to do something for progress with all the depth of field he lathered all over the shop! Ditto for Spintires, that's an indie i can respect as well.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!