Apple Releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 2

Is that "flatter look" limited to chrome? The new Settings icon is anything but "flat".

I believe it is. Although it was even mentioned in a WWDC talk that the chrome still makes use of a few gradients to convey order and depth, since there is no parallax effect like on iOS 7. Thus, while the interface is flatter than before, I wouldn't actually call it "flat."

Has anyone else noticed that Yosemite seems much aggressive when it comes to using all available memory than Mavericks? Mavericks typically held 8 - 10 GB of RAM, DP2 is holding all 16 GB. Not an issue by any means since unused ram is wasted ram. 

Seems to be running absolutely fine.

I did have a couple of kernel panics on 10.10 when I tried to run two VMs at once, but after this update I can run multiple without issue.

Interesting.  I have never been a fan of parallels and have always chosen vmware but maybe I will give it another go.  What version of parallels are you running?

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but Yosemite now has a built-in bulk file renaming service that effectively replaces Name Mangler...

post-119000-0-61788300-1403206854.pngpost-119000-0-10436600-1403206867.pngpost-119000-0-73898000-1403206875.png

That "custom name" option is particularly useful if you want to sequence many files with otherwise unrelated names.