33 posts in this topic

Posted

as someone who has friends with serious health issues, I have to agree with the NHS being the worlds best

But what do you have to compare it to?

Posted

* btw, we do promote healthy eating, i work in an awarded 'healthy school' but it's not stopping the children getting fatter and fatter.

Oh, I agree with what you say, and that's why I also added that the gov needs to be having words with the food producers.  All the garbage that's in our food these days is just adding to the problem.  

Part of that is that all the unhealthy foods are loaded with sugar, which just makes them addictive so you eat more if the crap that makes you fat.  The gov needs to sort that out.

Posted

Oh, I agree with what you say, and that's why I also added that the gov needs to be having words with the food producers.  All the garbage that's in our food these days is just adding to the problem.  

Part of that is that all the unhealthy foods are loaded with sugar, which just makes them addictive so you eat more if the crap that makes you fat.  The gov needs to sort that out.

As are the "healthy" foods. Less saturated fat, but more sugar != healthy!

Posted

A better system would be where people took more care of their own health.

In life, there also sudden medical conditions, accidents that are out of people's control, that modern medicine can cure, diagnose as well. 

These situations can burden someone with immense medical debt, outside of there control.

Posted

As are the "healthy" foods. Less saturated fat, but more sugar != healthy!

Oh absolutely.  They shouldn't be allowed to use the "healthy" moniker if they have more than certain amounts of fats/sugars.  The "Low fat" label is extremely misleading.

1 person likes this

Posted

This seems appropriate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shzpHeth0Y&feature=youtu.be

The NHS. Ruining TV since the 1950's! :p

5 people like this

Posted

There are many ways in which the NHS could better utilise its funding.  Take the current "obesity epidemic". Billions are being spent treating people for obesity and all its related medical problems such as diabetes and heart disease etc.  They could save that by investing millions on proper dietary education in schools, providing subsidised gym memberships for those that need it, stopping food production corps from filling their products with unnecessary sugars and fats, all sorts of things like that.

Currently, we're just treating the symptoms, not the cause.

Very easy to blame the healthcare system but this is not where the problem starts. The cure to obesity is to stop eating saturated fat and sugar found in processed food and all those treats youths grow up with.

Better eating habits and more exercise starts within the community and with the government tackling bad quality food.

Posted

Very easy to blame the healthcare system but this is not where the problem starts. The cure to obesity is to stop eating saturated fat and sugar found in processed food and all those treats youths grow up with.

Better eating habits and more exercise starts within the community and with the government tackling bad quality food.

I did specifically mention the problems with processed foods.