Looking for computer/server cabinet that looks nice

I know cross posting is frowned upon but I am looking for some help, opinions, etc.. and maybe this is a better area for this.

Quick backend story:

1. New house I just bought and moved into

2. House is wired for cat5e home runned back into garage

3. Room acting as office will house all of the computer equipment

I am looking for a computer/server cabinet that will house everything and be functional but I want it to look nice.  Almost like it is a piece of furniture.

I was thinking of something like this: http://www.target.co...Slot=medium_1_3

Any ideas?

What kind of servers are you putting in?

Just don't get some simple piece of furniture like the one you linked to, or the fans will constantly be running at full speed trying in vain to cool itself.

What kind of servers are you putting in?

It's a mac mini running os x 10.9.3 server.  I also have 2 synology nas units, a gigabit switch, cable modem, wireless ap, and a ups unit.

Just don't get some simple piece of furniture like the one you linked to, or the fans will constantly be running at full speed trying in vain to cool itself.

If the furniture is setup correctly, it should have good ventilation.

If the furniture is setup correctly, it should have good ventilation.

I see coffee cups and bowls in that picture, and I see no reason it should have any ventilation hole that would be required for a computer.

I see coffee cups and bowls in that picture, and I see no reason it should have any ventilation hole that would be required for a computer.

Creating proper vent holes is quite easy

Well, of course.  Didn't know whether you were willing to drill holes in brand new furniture.

I am extremely handy and quite good at making sure that vent holes are done correctly and don't take away from the looks.

That being said...is there something else I should be looking at?  Is there something better?

Even with a little server you should have better ventaltion than a cabient will afford you unless you install fans.  get creative.  try a loose weave basket.  think air flow.  if the room is not air conditioned install it in another room. enoy your new home.

You don't get much better than the Dell Energy Smart Cabinets. Just make sure you check the pallet before the freight company high tails it, I had my entire one bent and messed up, and the replacement door AAA Cooper messed up as well.

dell-energy-smart-rack-40u-46u-pdp-6.jpg[/

Dell%2525204020S-2__48123.1383757490.128

You don't get much better than the Dell Energy Smart Cabinets. Just make sure you check the pallet before the freight company high tails it, I had my entire one bent and messed up, and the replacement door AAA Cooper messed up as well.

His Mac Mini will look great in one of those :rofl:

That might be a tad big for my needs.

I was staring at mine when writing that post, the level of excitement just...plummeted. :D

I'm really passionate about server cabinet build outs as you can tell.

I was staring at mine when writing that post, the level of excitement just...plummeted. :D

I'm really passionate about server cabinet build outs as you can tell.

I still debating between using that piece of furniture from target (or something similar) or a small server cabinet and putting it in a ventilated storage closet.

Honestly the Mac Mini is already built for higher temperatures so I don't think you'll have to worry about it being ventilated. I'm a pro-active person so I would put it in the target cabinet, use a hole saw to cut a hole out for an AC fan and just use a speed controller to make it barely noticeable. 

Try Ikea? There are a tons of options there.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my vertical A/V cabinet (takes up too much room) for this http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80206530/#/20206533 , to house all my A/V equipment under my TV.

I know cross posting is frowned upon but I am looking for some help, opinions, etc.. and maybe this is a better area for this.

Quick backend story:

1. New house I just bought and moved into

2. House is wired for cat5e home runned back into garage

3. Room acting as office will house all of the computer equipment

I am looking for a computer/server cabinet that will house everything and be functional but I want it to look nice.  Almost like it is a piece of furniture.

I was thinking of something like this: http://www.target.co...Slot=medium_1_3

Any ideas?

Yeah, with this

14395597_130129203000.jpg

All you need is a powercord and you are set to go...

Try Ikea? There are a tons of options there.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my vertical A/V cabinet (takes up too much room) for this http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80206530/#/20206533 , to house all my A/V equipment under my TV.

I am just not a fan of ikea furniture. 

Yeah, with this

14395597_130129203000.jpg

All you need is a powercord and you are set to go...

I think this is what I want.  Now just which one to get.