Followers 0

Question

Posted

1 person likes this

12 answers to this question

Posted

Nice, good news.

Posted

Hmm, I'm assuming this will get announced at I/O. Hopefully all the app devs. are responsive to the switch

Posted

This could also lesson damage if Oracle wins it's lawsuit (on future products). 

Posted

pretty nice good news on this one.

Posted

Very good indeed!  :D

But as the article says, Xposed in particular does not work. I haven't been keeping up with the news, but it has been ages now and ART is still not supported by Xposed.  :no:

Posted

Very good indeed!  :D

But as the article says, Xposed in particular does not work. I haven't been keeping up with the news, but it has been ages now and ART is still not supported by Xposed.  :no:

Well it will be soon, they said they wouldn't make it ART-compatible until it was out of testing. Something to do with not having the time to maintain both a dalvik and ART version I guess.

Posted

I switch when Xposed switches.

Posted

Well it will be soon, they said they wouldn't make it ART-compatible until it was out of testing. Something to do with not having the time to maintain both a dalvik and ART version I guess.

Yeah, I just read about it here: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/breaking-next-major-version-of-android-to-finally-remove-dalvik-and-set-art-as-default/#comment-1443524068

Posted

Is this going to be Android's Vista? Developers knew it was coming, had the beta or test versions available and yet come release most were "not ready" and look what it did to Vista's reputation

Posted

Is this going to be Android's Vista? Developers knew it was coming, had the beta or test versions available and yet come release most were "not ready" and look what it did to Vista's reputation

anything that pulls android away from its dependency on java can't be all bad  :yes:

Posted

This could also lesson damage if Oracle wins it's lawsuit (on future products). 

I'm not sure this affects it, as that is about syntax and such, and the language is the same. Just a different runtime/compiler.

Posted

anything that pulls android away from its dependency on java can't be all bad :p

It's still Java code isn't it, just a more intelligent runtime? Sounds like it borrows some ideas from dotNET.