GA man discovers he shot himself in penis

Date: June 12

Incident type: Self-inflicted gunshot

A Macon man was treated at Coliseum Northside hospital Thursday after he accidentally shot himself in the penis.

The man was parked at the gas station at about 9:30 p.m. when he attempted to holster his .45. Immediately after the gun went off, he drove to a friend's house in Lake Wildwood. When he got to the friends house, he took off his pants and saw that he had "shot himself in the penis and that the bullet exited out of his buttocks."  :pinch:  The spent round fell onto the floor.

The man's friend drove him to Coliseum Northside hospital and he was then transferred to the Medical Center of Central Georgia.

source

Yes!!!! It's not in Florida! 

Note to self:#1 Keep your Goddamn finger off the trigger while holstering your firearm. #2 Use the safety (if applicable, if not, refer to rule#1)

:|  :pinch:

Not yet, he is still alive.  But it looks like it is not for a lack of trying. :)

Darwin award is for anyone that takes themselves out of the gene pool, I think shooting yourself in the dick counts.

wouldnt he have call 911 as soon as it happened?

holsters gun. gun goes off.

drive to friends house and takes off pants. 

omg I shoot my self in the penis and it came out my ass. lets go to emergency , something could be wrong.

I would of been screaming in massive agony if a bullet went in my penis and went out my ass.

where was he holstering the gun and how the hell does the bullet do what it did..... 

did he holster the gun in the front of his pants......

Thats what happens when you shoot your load in a Gas Station.....

BA dum TSSH!

• Like 1

gonna take a wild guess and say when they said holster, they meant down his pants.

1339868516_0.jpg

When he holsters his gun, he doesn't DICK around!

*facepalm*

Now that's what I call going off half cocked...

Badum tdddddddddd-shbaboom BA BA boom boom....boom....tsh!

Enough off the penis puns, all this dicking around makes me wanna castrate somebody...

Baddabaddabaddaboomkaboom......tsh-tshhhhhtshhhhhhhtssshhhhhhhhhh-bababum....boombooom TSH TSH TSH TSH!!!!!!

Aheer wins! Puntality! Flawless pun-Tory!

• Like 1

It would. When you get into the semi-autos of .357 SIG to 10mm or larger you're talking beasts. Imagine what a .500 Mag would do.

Many semi-autos are single actions, and many of those have failure modes that can cause accidental fires when carried with a shell in the chamber. That's why I usually carry a double action or mixed double/single action. Years ago the Detroit and other area PD's made a similar switch, purely to prevent accidental fires.

Damage level ? pain level.

A kick to the nads hurts a ton but the injury is almost always moderate. Conversely, you can whack your thigh getting a huge bruise but not notice it until you undress. Soldiers can sustain serious injuries and continue fighting, and athletes 'play through.' Some people just have a high tolerance for pain (me for one.) After a leg amputation I only needed Motrin.

The difference is if the brain chooses to allow the pain to get through to your conciousness. It doesn't always do this. Distraction plays a role, but so can alcohol, drugs, heredity etc. Up to 76% of pain variability is inherited (Young, Lariviere & Belfer, 2012)