Photo

Transferring my Xbox Live account to another email?

xbox xbox live xbl support outlook

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:18

So currently, and for the past five years.  When I go to sign into the Xbox Live's website, I use my google email to log in.  

How do I transfer it to my @outlook.com email without loosing everything?  I know two years ago maybe? some people did this same thing and lost everything xbox live they had.  

#2 mcloum

mcloum

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:22

http://support.xbox....crosoft-account

#3 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:30

So currently, and for the past five years.  When I go to sign into the Xbox Live's website, I use my google email to log in.  

How do I transfer it to my @outlook.com email without loosing everything?  I know two years ago maybe? some people did this same thing and lost everything xbox live they had.  

Recently did this.  Went from my Yahoo to my Outlook.  Kept everything I had.  I just logged on via the website, edit my profile info with the new email, and then made sure I could logon to my 360 and X1.  No problems.

#4 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 June 2014 - 16:11

Recently did this.  Went from my Yahoo to my Outlook.  Kept everything I had.  I just logged on via the website, edit my profile info with the new email, and then made sure I could logon to my 360 and X1.  No problems.

Thanks I shall try this tonight!

#5 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 June 2014 - 16:13

Thanks I shall try this tonight!

NP.  It may take a day or so for everything to sync up on MS end.  I couldnt get any of the free games after for a day or so after changing my email.  I got some error trying to access the page to purchase things from Live.  But like I said, cleared up in a day.  Any other issues, there is a support number you can call.

#6 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 June 2014 - 16:38

NP.  It may take a day or so for everything to sync up on MS end.  I couldnt get any of the free games after for a day or so after changing my email.  I got some error trying to access the page to purchase things from Live.  But like I said, cleared up in a day.  Any other issues, there is a support number you can call.

Will i still be able to play as it's doing that?

#7 Stokkolm

Stokkolm

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 23 June 2014 - 16:41

I had a fun time when I did this originally, not only did I want to change my Xbox Live account from Gmail to Outlook, I wanted to change my @Hotmail.com address to @outlook.com first. In that case, you have to change your main email alias and then wait 30 days before you can migrate your Xbox Live account. What a pain, that was over a year ago though and it's been smooth sailing since then. And yes, you will be able to play games while the migration process is ironing the kinks out.

#8 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 June 2014 - 16:44

Will i still be able to play as it's doing that?

Yea, didnt have a problem with that.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!