Transferring my Xbox Live account to another email?

So currently, and for the past five years.  When I go to sign into the Xbox Live's website, I use my google email to log in.  

How do I transfer it to my @outlook.com email without loosing everything?  I know two years ago maybe? some people did this same thing and lost everything xbox live they had.  

So currently, and for the past five years.  When I go to sign into the Xbox Live's website, I use my google email to log in.  

How do I transfer it to my @outlook.com email without loosing everything?  I know two years ago maybe? some people did this same thing and lost everything xbox live they had.  

Recently did this.  Went from my Yahoo to my Outlook.  Kept everything I had.  I just logged on via the website, edit my profile info with the new email, and then made sure I could logon to my 360 and X1.  No problems.

• Like 2

Recently did this.  Went from my Yahoo to my Outlook.  Kept everything I had.  I just logged on via the website, edit my profile info with the new email, and then made sure I could logon to my 360 and X1.  No problems.

Thanks I shall try this tonight!

Thanks I shall try this tonight!

NP.  It may take a day or so for everything to sync up on MS end.  I couldnt get any of the free games after for a day or so after changing my email.  I got some error trying to access the page to purchase things from Live.  But like I said, cleared up in a day.  Any other issues, there is a support number you can call.

NP.  It may take a day or so for everything to sync up on MS end.  I couldnt get any of the free games after for a day or so after changing my email.  I got some error trying to access the page to purchase things from Live.  But like I said, cleared up in a day.  Any other issues, there is a support number you can call.

Will i still be able to play as it's doing that?

I had a fun time when I did this originally, not only did I want to change my Xbox Live account from Gmail to Outlook, I wanted to change my @Hotmail.com address to @outlook.com first. In that case, you have to change your main email alias and then wait 30 days before you can migrate your Xbox Live account. What a pain, that was over a year ago though and it's been smooth sailing since then. And yes, you will be able to play games while the migration process is ironing the kinks out.