Question

Posted

Hello all 

I have a stupid question a litle bit special in hosting toured recently in my mind :(

How to differentiate between paid-hosting and other free ;)
Because I want to buy a website from my friend I want to make sure is it a paid or free 

Thank you in advance

7 answers to this question

Posted

Free Hosting usually comes with some kind of catch like xyz.ourmarketing.com etc, where company provide you sub domain while having their domain in the address to attract business or some kind of being static and limited pages.

Paid Hosting does not have this kind of restriction, for some it has panel for go access quickly while sometime it has nothing but your own homework to do. You need to pay monthly or discounted price in annual sum.

1 person likes this

Posted

Check the domain with whois and check the nameservers, search these nameservers on google and see if they're from a free hosting provider or a paid one. The nameservers can also be from a paid and free hosting provider, in that case this method wouldn't work.

You can also check the error pages, in case he didn't set a custom one you sometimes end up on a 404 page with advertisements or info telling you that it's free hosting.

1 person likes this

Posted

Free Hosting usually comes with some kind of catch like xyz.ourmarketing.com etc, where company provide you sub domain while having their domain in the address to attract business or some kind of being static and limited pages.

Paid Hosting does not have this kind of restriction, for some it has panel for go access quickly while sometime it has nothing but your own homework to do. You need to pay monthly or discounted price in annual sum.

thank you greate information , with paid hosting for example are you can to change the url of my domain or no :)

Posted

thank you greate information , with paid hosting for example are you can to change the url of my domain or no :)

Yes, with Paid hosting, you can park your own domain on their server without hitch.

Posted

Check the domain with whois and check the nameservers, search these nameservers on google and see if they're from a free hosting provider or a paid one. The nameservers can also be from a paid and free hosting provider, in that case this method wouldn't work.

You can also check the error pages, in case he didn't set a custom one you sometimes end up on a 404 page with advertisements or info telling you that it's free hosting.

Thank you for your information, I'll try and tell you

Posted

Yes, with Paid hosting, you can park your own domain on their server without hitch.

Thank you God bless you

Posted

Thank you God bless you

I didn't bless anyone today.