Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CNN Anchors Ridicule Hillary

21 posts in this topic

Posted

CNN early-morning anchors Miguel Marquez and Alison Kosik couldn

Posted

Good. Her comment deserved just as much ridicule as Rommney's comment.

Know what it's like to be poor my ass.

3 people like this

Posted

That's why I voted for Mr. Neverheardofhim libertarian candidate in the last election.  Ron Paul dropped out, Barack Obama is pro big-government and anti-gun, and Mitt Romney is a rich billionaire who has never had to put in a hard day's work in his life, and you could tell from his speeches the first thing he wanted to do was invade Iran.

Politicians like her make me physically sick.

Happy birthday by the way, :-)

1 person likes this

Posted

It's your birthday too?

So much for me feeling special today :(:p

back on topic

I hate when entitled rich fools try to empathise with people living on or just above the poverty line, unless they've been there, living from paycheque to paycheque...

2 people like this

Posted

I could be wrong but she says

2 people like this

Posted

The funniest bit was when she talked about how they had to pay mortgages on their "estates", plural, and here I am living in a trailer on rented property...

2 people like this

Posted

Elizabeth Warren 2016

1 person likes this

Posted

It's your birthday too?

So much for me feeling special today :(:p

Happy birthday by the way, :-)

Haha, thank you! And Happy Birthday to you too!

I hate when entitled rich fools try to empathise with people living on or just above the poverty line, unless they've been there, living from paycheque to paycheque...

Doesn't even have to be paycheck to paycheck, there are a ton of people who don't necessary live like that but still don't have a lot in the way of disposable income.

And then you have her stupid comments like "struggling to pay our mortgages on our estates" great..because you know, it's so difficult to sell one of your houses right? Not like most people who would be homeless if their mortgage fell through. And then the "we pay ordinary income tax!" Great! Apparently if you pay income tax you are poor.

Let's see, former presidents get a pension of $200k a year, dirt cheap but excellent health care, various other benefits like staff payments and the secret service and then you have the millions they make from their book sales, and their public speeches and so on. Not like the Clinton family networth is currently standing at $80 million. Yeah...broke...definitely not well off at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Where did she say "not truly well off" in that transcript? :huh:

Posted

Where did she say "not truly well off" in that transcript? :huh:

The article quotes this one: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/22/hillary-clinton-not-truly-well-off/

Asked by the paper whether she would represent the populist strain of her party, Clinton said, "They don't see me as part of the problem because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work."

The story line started in the tour's first interview with ABC News when Clinton said that her family was "dead broke" after her husband

Posted

I read that line and think she was misunderstood if that is a direct quote. It is clear that she was saying "We pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of rich people". I guess she saying "who are truly well off" instead of "rich" was confusing to CNN hosts.

Edit: I am not defending Hillary as such but I find CNN hosts and shows to be horrible in general and refuse to take their "news" at face value.

Posted

I read that line and think she was misunderstood if that is a direct quote. It is clear that she was saying "We pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of rich people". I guess she saying "who are truly well off" instead of "rich" was confusing to CNN hosts.

Well what's she's essentially saying is that they pay income tax unlike people who are truly well off. But her family owns multiple estates, get's a yearly pension that's more than most people's yearly salary, various other benefits that most people could only dream off, book sales, public speeches that net them a small fortune and so on. She is part of the "truly well off."
1 person likes this

Posted

Well what's she's essentially saying is that they pay income tax unlike people who are truly well off. But her family owns multiple estates, get's a yearly pension that's more than most people's yearly salary, various other benefits that most people could only dream off, book sales, public speeches that net them a small fortune and so on. She is part of the "truly well off."

She said "ordinary income tax". It is a type of income taxed at a higher rate compared to say capital gain. She didn't say they are special because they pay income tax. She was referring to the much lower tax rate on capital gain, which favors rich people compared to salaried income that comes under "ordinary income".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinary_income

Posted

Surprised I am defending Hillary, I am not a fan of hers in the least, but this kind of yellow journalism is one reason the political landscape in the United States is so bad. She was making a swipe at the rich individuals who pay only a 15% capital gains tax vs her paying the standard tax bracket (33%?). This EXACT same type of comment was made by Newt Gingrich against Romney in the Republican primaries for the same reason.

Posted

Elizabeth Warren 2016

I really hope she runs for 2016. Sadly, I feel most Americans won't have a clue who she is beyond her home state. Which is a shame, because I think she's a breath of fresh air when it comes to Washington political figures. Well, compared to the rest of them anyway.

Posted

Warren's deep involvemt with TARP, left wing politics and her phoney Cherokee status will go over like a fart outside of MA and Califlakey.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really hope she runs for 2016. Sadly, I feel most Americans won't have a clue who she is beyond her home state. Which is a shame, because I think she's a breath of fresh air when it comes to Washington political figures. Well, compared to the rest of them anyway.

That's exactly what they said about Bush and Obama

Posted

That's exactly what they said about Bush and Obama

Yeah, but she's a woman. Therefore by default better than either of them in the end :D

Posted

My heart really bleeds for the "not truly well off" millionaires who are forced to pay regular income tax as if they were lowly commoners.

No, really... It does!   :rolleyes:

In fact, I feel so bad for them that I will, hear and now, offer to exchange incomes with them and I'll pay their income tax and they can pay my much lower one.  That'll help, right? ;)

Posted

What drives part of this is how the Clinton's looted the White House on their way out, "borrowing" all manner of furnishings etc. only to have to return them later. That left a bad taste in the mouthes of all but the "true believers." Then there's the pardons of Marc Rich and others.

Let's take a ride in the Way-Back Machine....

http://www.sptimes.com/News/021101/Columns/Pardon_the_mess__the_.shtml

Elvis has left the building, but the show goes on -- embarrassing headlines, congressional hearings, sordid revelations, Jay Leno jokes. That's Bill Clinton, in office or out.

The Clintons, Lord help us, are the leeches who won't let go. They left the White House the same way they arrived -- with a whiff of scandal. As they went out the door, they carted off $190,000 in gifts, including furniture and rugs (the Bushes would be wise to count the silverware), only to have to return part of the loot after it turned out that it was donated to the White House, not to them personally. I guess they have lived in public housing too long. Hillary is now the junior U.S. senator from New York, with two houses to furnish in a style befitting the former first couple, one in Chappaqau, N.Y., the other in Washington. No one expected them to take up residence in a double-wide in Arkansas, but neither did we expect them to carry their sense of entitlement this far.

Perhaps we shouldn't make too much out of the Clintons' tacky heist. The real exit scandal is some of the 140 pardons that Bill Clinton handed out on his last day in office. A third of them -- 47 -- bypassed normal Justice Department review as former Clinton aides and campaign contributors took their cases directly to the president. It was enough to make even Democrats gag.

Marc Rich, the shadowy billionaire fugitive pardoned by Clinton, employed the services of Jack Quinn, a former Clinton White House counsel. With the stroke of the presidential pen, Rich went from being on the FBI's Most Wanted List to the top of the president's pardon list. We don't know how much Rich paid Quinn, but whatever it was, he got his money's worth. Rich fled to Switzerland 17 years ago and renounced his U.S. citizenship in an attempt to avoid being brought to trial on charges of tax fraud, a scheme that prosecutors contend cost U.S. taxpayers $50-million. He also was under investigation at the time for trading illegally with Iran while Americans were being held hostage.