Help, I want an Arch Deluxe from McDonalds

Did you ever try McDonalds' Arch Deluxe back in 1996?  (I think there were 3 different kinds at the time)  but the one I'm thinking of in particular had this "red smoke flavored paste (sauce?)"  in it.. yeah.. oh my gosh it was sooooo good!!!!   My taste buds actually have their own memories of that flavor from so long ago and now I'm craving it!!!

I tried various recipes on the goog, but NONE come close to the original flavor of that burger, and they're missing the most important part... that red smoked tomato paste!!!  How could they leave it out??? Cannot for the life of me simulate that flavor.  Anyone know how to go about doing this??

Mmmm...McDonald's...  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x

• Like 3

Well..this just might be the weirdest thing I've seen asked here for a long time lol :rofl:

That was my first thought as well, lol

On topic, I really don't know where to look if you already tried finding the recipe can came up empty,

I only see one Arch Deluxe that was ever made, as far as I know there weren't any variations of it.

THE SECRET SAUCE:
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Grey Poupon Specialty peppercorn mustard

Source

I kind of doubt this would give you a "red smoke" flavor but you could try substituting ketchup instead of mayonnaise.

I only see one Arch Deluxe that was ever made, as far as I know there weren't any variations of it.

THE SECRET SAUCE:

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

1/2 teaspoon Grey Poupon Specialty peppercorn mustard

Source

I kind of doubt this would give you a "red smoke" flavor but you could try substituting ketchup instead of mayonnaise.

Tried making one today, it didn't quite taste the same.. but still delicious.   I also tried some sauce to the side which was tomato paste and liquid smoke (hickory), definitely not it.  I wonder if it might have been mesquite.  Now I'll have to go hunting for that.  Thanks for the sauce tip though, will use it again.

try substituting the tomatoes with other red-looking ingredients

Not sure why, but this made me laugh.  Either it was funny, or I am tired.  You pick.  :)

Some googling turned up results and apparently someone cloned the recipe, and came out with this:

1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon brown mustard (French's "Hearty Deli" is good)

1 sesame seed hamburger bun
1/4 pound ground beef
1 slice American cheese
1 to 2 tomato slices
1 to 2 lettuce leaves, chopped
1/2 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoons chopped onion

they should bring back the super size. i dont need to order 2 drinks and 2 fries. oh yeah, and the OG big xtra too, with the extra fat content, not that 1/4 pounder patty for lightweights. grrrrhhhhh

they should bring back the super size. i dont need to order 2 drinks and 2 fries. oh yeah, and the OG big xtra too, with the extra fat content, not that 1/4 pounder patty for lightweights. grrrrhhhhh

They can't because people don't know how to control themselves and eat it in a moderate way as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle.*

* McDonalds legal team. :p

You know what they call an Arch Deluxe in France?

A Royale with Cheese.

No that was supposedly the name for a Quarter Pounder, but I don't think that was true. Still great line from Pulp Fiction.

No that was supposedly the name for a Quarter Pounder, but I don't think that was true. Still great line from Pulp Fiction.

In most markets unfamiliar with customary measurements, the Quarter Pounder is known as the Hamburger Royale, McRoyal, or variants thereof. In France, Belgium and Portugal for example, the Quarter Pounder, which by standard includes cheese is called Royal Cheese. In Italy, formerly known as McRoyal DeLuxe, it goes by Deluxe, Cheese and Bacon variants.

Source

For your information:

joke /j?k/ 
noun
1. funny story: a funny story, anecdote, or piece of wordplay that gets passed round and repeated
2. something funny said or done: anything said or done to make people laugh

Yep, same here McRoyale Cheese: http://www.mcdonalds.pt/Ementa/ProdutoGeral?pid=5&from=31

btw: the best sauce is in Big Tasty, that thing is coke... http://www.mcdonalds.pt/Ementa/ProdutoGeral?pid=7&from=31

For your information:

joke /j?k/ 
noun
1. funny story: a funny story, anecdote, or piece of wordplay that gets passed round and repeated
2. something funny said or done: anything said or done to make people laugh

i know that was a onliner from Pulp Fiction; too bad that it was true and in my country it still is, as i posted the Mcdonalds.pt links to prove it.

so yeah, the joke is on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm...McDonald's... :x :x :x :x :x :x

That happened to me the other day. Never ever have their Caramel Ice Caps, they're poorly made!