Woman sees drone peeping into apartment window

Seattle Police are investigating a report of a drone peeping into a woman?s apartment window.

Police were called to the downtown Seattle apartment complex on Sunday morning after she spied an unmanned aerial vehicle hovering outside the building. The woman said she was concerned the drone was looking into her apartment.

After calling police, an employee of her apartment building says he went outside and saw two men piloting the drone. They packed up their gear, which included a video camera, and drove off before police arrived. Authorities say they are checking for surveillance video that may help identify the men.

Drones and what role they should play in society have been a hot item in Seattle for quite some time. Last year, former Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn ordered the Seattle Police Department to abandon its plan to use drones after an uproar from citizens and privacy advocates.

source

The day somebody pairs a drone with Google Glass there will be riots across the USA.

Already been done. The Parrot AR drone can be operated by an Android app, and Glass has been hacked to use it. Control by head motions.

No riots yet.

capturing an unmanned drones should've been made legal game, is not like a drone was an endangered species ...

Drone Hunters. A new reality TV show coming to some random network soon!

Those things aren't exactly quiet.... She should've heard that thing at her window long before she saw it.

Drone Hunters. A new reality TV show coming to some random network soon!

I can see it now. It will be a spin off, featuring the cast of Duck Dynasty...

Those things aren't exactly quiet.... She should've heard that thing at her window long before she saw it.

I can see it now. It will be a spin off, featuring the cast of Duck Dynasty...

not if she had double windows, as those are pretty noise blocking.

Also i believe it was Nik L that was "peeping"..  :woot:  :laugh:

You know, I enjoy flying RC planes. I had a lady come up to me with her husband in tow. She started to complain about my "drone" and demanded I land it and show her any photos it took.

Sad thing, I have no cameras on my rig, and its a f-117 copy, and my 13 year old daughter was flying it.

I'm sort of waiting for the day it gets shot at..or worse..my daughter....

You know, I enjoy flying RC planes. I had a lady come up to me with her husband in tow. She started to complain about my "drone" and demanded I land it and show her any photos it took.

Sad thing, I have no cameras on my rig, and its a f-117 copy, and my 13 year old daughter was flying it.

So you have a F-117 and a woman could see it?  Bad stealth i guess..  :laugh:  :rofl:

• Like 4

Fear mongering.. is it possible that they were looking thru windows? Yeah, very possible but then you have instances like this that people start getting all up in arms over privacy when nobody is doing anything wrong but just flying around.

I'd love to get one but right now the battery life and the distance in which the camera can remotely transmit back to base is just not yet where it should be. I'd like to have one that has a battery life of at least 45minutes with a range of at least 1 mile before the camera and controls don't work/transmit back. A little more stealthy as in silent would be nice too as I could use it around where I hunt at when I'm in a tree stand but right now they are rather loud.

So you have a F-117 and a woman could see it?  Bad stealth i guess..  :laugh:  :rofl:

It was an option that wasn't fitted  :cry:

• Like 2

It was an option that wasn't fitted  :cry:

F-117's are like XP, support ended. Time to get an F-35. :rofl:

• Like 2

That's the problem with stupid people, (if one can't tell the difference between a drone and an enthusiast's hobby)

• 3 weeks later...

FALSE!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcneal/2014/07/14/alleged-drone-peeping-tom-photo-reveals-perils-of-drone-related-journalism/

Last month a Seattle woman said that a drone made her nervous because it was flying outside of her window. Early media reports called the device a flying ?Peeping Tom.? Soon afterwards, national reports exploded with more than one hundred stories, focused mostly on the news media?s construction of a privacy violation. Now, the photograph of the flight has been provided to Forbes, and it shows that the company flying the drone was merely making a panoramic photograph of the city skyline. The arc of this story ? a buzzworthy first report, that later ends up being false? is emblematic of many drone related stories which threaten to jeopardize the nascent industry.

The Seattle non-incident gained national media attention after the woman called her building?s concierge to complain that the drone may have been used to look into her apartment. What received less prominent national media attention was the statement of Joe Vaughn, founder of startup company Skyris Imaging. Vaughn said that he and the pilot of the drone were shooting a panoramic view of the city for a client who was planning to build a 20-story office tower near the woman?s apartment building.

>

• Like 1

Soon they'll make you register these, so when you abuse them, and someone is able to knock it down, they can track the serial back to the creepy owner.

We need some EMP device to kill these things :p

if people had a real chance of not being anonymous, and losing their $300+ investment, they'd probably not abuse it and people.