Photo

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,575 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:42

There is new evidence coming out in the case of a Georgia father accused of killing his son by leaving him in a hot car.

Law enforcement officials say Justin Ross Harris may have searched the Internet on his work computer to see how long it would take for an animal to die in a car, according to My Fox Atlanta.

Harris is accused of leaving his 22-month-old son Cooper in a hot car for seven hours while he went to work at Home Depot’s corporate office. The incident happened last Wednesday, when it was 91 degrees out.

While Harris says he forgot to drop the toddler off at day care, investigators say he went back to his car during his lunch break and left the child alone for a second time.

Harris is charged with felony murder and cruelty to the child. He is being held without bond.

Source with video

#2 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:35

SICK!

Georgia has the death penalty, and uses it. Can't think of a better candidate :angry:

#3 Roadrunna

Roadrunna

Vodka Master - Black Belt

• 1,077 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:09

That poor child.

#4 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,938 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:39

SICK!

Georgia has the death penalty, and uses it. Can't think of a better candidate :angry:

Another death is not the answer. He should be made to live with his crime, knowing full well what he has done.

#5 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,575 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:43

Another death is not the answer. He should be made to live with his crime, knowing full well what he has done.

He knows exactly what he did.  He researched it and did it intentionally from the looks of things.  Us telling him to feel guilty won't make it so.

Edit: Although, as expensive as it is to carry out the death penalty, it would be cheaper to just keep him in prison for the rest of his natural life.  It's sad that it's cheaper to give somebody food, clothing, medical care, a place to sleep, etc. for their entire natural life than it is to kill them.  If they take volunteers to carry out his execution though, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

#6 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,938 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:56

If they take volunteers to carry out his execution though, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

:no: That's shocking. Nobody in a civilised society should be lining up to kill someone.

#7 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:41

In this case, it would be a civic service.

#8 boo_star

boo_star

Neowinian

• 483 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:45

Playing devils advocate here...

He may have been looking up the information to find out how long he could leave the child before it died, being that "safe" and "absolute maximum" are never the same thing.

Guilt of neglect? Sure.

Idiocy? Yeah.

Not so sure on murder though.

#9 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:36

He had day care and "forgot" to drop off the kid? After checking how long it would take an "animal" to die locked in the car?

Sorry. Not buying it, or the bridge he's also selling, and I doubt the prosecutor will either.

#10 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,796 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:59

This is truly disgusting, sometimes I do wonder why anyone who can carry out such neglect, especially if it was intentional should be allowed any form of rights about how he lives the rest of his life. Civilised or not, this man should be made to suffer for what has happened.

Certain people have things that just set them off, and child cruelty in whatever form is one of those for me. It just makes me utterly sick to the stomach and IMO this man deserves anything that comes his way.

#11 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,716 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:59

SICK!

Why not make him do hard labor on a chain gang or something? You'd actually get something out of the guy. Plus he worked for Home Depot, so maybe he can build something.

#12 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 11,016 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:15

:no: That's shocking. Nobody in a civilised society should be lining up to kill someone.

You are forgetting that no society is truly civilised. Humans only like to think it is because they can't accept the cold hard truth.

#13 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:42

Why not make him do hard labor on a chain gang or something? You'd actually get something out of the guy. Plus he worked for Home Depot, so maybe he can build something.

I object to him contaminating perfectly good air, and besides - it'll lower CO2 emissions. Not much, but still.

#14 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,487 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:46

What Earth are you on?

This man clearly does not value human life. He does not deserve to have his.

I will find myself annoyed when sensitive people make the argument that the death penalty is wrong for this man.

Humans are replaceable and very easy to make. Get rid of the ###### ones, and take the quality over quantity approach.

Tolerance and handicaps make us weak.

#15 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

.NET Developer

• 3,040 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:49

That isn't always punishment...