Match 45: USA vs Germany

11 members have voted

1. 1. USA, Germany or draw?

• USA
    • Germany
    • Draw
  2. 2. How many goals will the USA score?

• 5+
  3. 3. How many goals will Germany score?

• 5+

Bye bye? They still finished second in the group so they're through to the last 16.  :huh:

As far as I know they lost that place the moment Portugal won. And if I'm incorrect then, forget the ridicule I've just done... I wanted the US to go home! :(

As far as I know they lost that place the moment Portugal won. And if I'm incorrect then, forget the ridicule I've just done... I wanted the US to go home! :(

Germany scoring alot against Portugal put them through

You guys are making it sound like the USA is some trash team that just moved on by pure luck, except:

USA & Portugal both 2-1 vs Ghana

USA & Portugal 2-2 tie (USA blew it in the 95th minute)

And USA did better vs Germany than Portugal did. 

• Like 2

You guys are making it sound like the USA is some trash team that just moved on by pure luck, except:

USA & Portugal both 2-1 vs Ghana

USA & Portugal 2-2 tie (USA blew it in the 95th minute)

And USA did better vs Germany than Portugal did. 

I don't think anyone implied they're a "trash" team, but you can see just from watching the games they're not "good" either, just average with decent amount of luck at the moment. We'll see how well they play in the upcoming match(es).

Out of group play for the 2nd straight World Cup. The US has never done that, so good for them. Whatever happens, this Cup has been a success for US soccer. :jump:

Out of group play for the 2nd straight World Cup. The US has never done that, so good for them. Whatever happens, this Cup has been a success for US soccer. :jump:

I agree they're an amateur team and only few of them play abroad and that too in small leagues, but they're playing as a team against teams that are ten times more experienced and have players of so called high caliber. The US team might have some luck, but they hold well against many of the other teams and weren't thrashed like Portugal was against Germany or like how the Dutch slammed the Spanish.

This world cup just goes to show how many of these premier league and european league players are overrated and overpaid.

They can only win games if someone can volley a nice pass to them. It has to be spoonfed to them.

England, home to the premier league has always sucked at these world cups. Italy and Spain were also a disgrace.

Team USA will probably not win the world cup or might not progress further, but coming this far for an underdog is a big achievement especially for a country that isn't that experienced. I say let the US fans have their moment, because the team has already surpassed many of their expectations.  :)

Only in America is a loss a win. Good grief.

not sure what you mean by that. FIFA and the World Cup determined that a loss can still put someone into the next round...

not sure what you mean by that. FIFA and the World Cup determined that a loss can still put someone into the next round...

It's a lame joke.

The two best records/points in each group advance to the KO rounds - that is how it has been for the last several World Cups.

Also, nobody wants to give CONCACAAF (let alone the US) any credit at all - this, however, is expected, unfortunately.

(Think about how two major tournaments merely within CONCACAAF - the Gold Cup at the club level and the Confederations Cup at the national-team level - have led to the improvement of the game within CONCACAAF - even the Mexicans have benefitted.)  As much as the UEFA/Europe-focused fan base in this subject may hate the idea, FIFA - as an organization - is ecstatic; it does FIFA no good to have regions that can only supply wool and mutton to be slaughtered.  With the rise of Africa starting back in 2002, and CONCACAAF in 2010 (along with the validation of Africa this year), soccer is becoming TRULY global.

FIFA is not UEFA.