Answered Go to the full post winrt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 27 June 2014 - 16:32

So I got a couple codes when I purchased a SRT2.  One codes if for free Skype calling, the other for free SkyDrive storage.  This is what the website says for terms and conditions....

* Offer terms: Valid for original purchasers of Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 only. Valid for 200 GB of OneDrive storage for 2 years from redemption. Offer code must be redeemed within 90 days from original purchase, and no later than June 30th, 2015. Internet access fees may apply. Limit: One offer code per purchase of qualifying Surface device and per Microsoft account. Not redeemable for cash or gift cards. Single use only. Not packaged for individual resale.

Question is, will it ask me to prove I have a Surface?  Or can anyone use these codes?  RT was bought for work but we dont use the codes.

Best Answer jakem1 , 27 June 2014 - 17:00

No, you won't be asked.  I redeemed my Skype code last week (I'd had it since late last year) and didn't have any problems.  You just login with your Microsoft account and then enter the redemption code.

Go to the full post

#2 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 June 2014 - 17:00   Best Answer

No, you won't be asked.  I redeemed my Skype code last week (I'd had it since late last year) and didn't have any problems.  You just login with your Microsoft account and then enter the redemption code.

#3 OP +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 27 June 2014 - 17:12

Cool, thanks

#4 Sikh

Sikh

Neowin Addict!

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nexus 5 PA 4.4.2 / iPhone 5

Posted 27 June 2014 - 17:37

Nah, you'll be fine to use the codes