Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 7.1.x

I jailbroke my iPad Air, Mini, and iPhone 5s as soon as it came out. So glad its out. At least this will give those iPhone 4 users one last version with jailbreak since they aren't getting iOS8

Good point!

I ran the JB on a windows box. iPhone is working fine on it but all I really wanted was BiteSMS, TetherMe, and Flux. Debating if I should JB my iPad 3. In the past I have not found much useful in having a JB iPad. Perhaps just Flux.

If you jail broke your iPad, what apps did you install?

I plan on it, my iPad Mini is on iOS 7.0.4.

Is it worth upgrading to 7.1.1?

Well, the difference between iOS 7.0 and 7.1 is like night and day on my iPad 3. Not so much on my iPhone 5, but still better no doubt.

I actually don't feel the need to jailbreak. The only reason may be to install a torrent client but my QNAP is getting remotely controlled so that's a non issue.

Can anyone list few other benefits of jailbreak these days?

xbmc, bitesms, f.lux, tetherme, barrell 2, sbsettings, heavily customize the whole interface, password protect folders, iblacklist/call management. I'm sure I'm missing some other great jailbreak-only apps & features.

I switched to Auki over BiteSMS, MUCH cleaner and works flawlessly without ads, etc. 

The only thing I install on my iPad Air is: 

Clear Background Apps

ColorBadges

Movie Box

Springtomize 3 - iOS 7

Thats it for my iPad.. You really don't need a lot anymore and as you can see those are just cosmetic.. Doesn't have to be there

For my iPhone 5s:

Auki

ayeris

clear background apps

colorbadges

iFile

Springtomize 3 - iOS 7

Winterboard

Well, the difference between iOS 7.0 and 7.1 is like night and day on my iPad 3. Not so much on my iPhone 5, but still better no doubt.

Thanks, guess I will do it later today.

Pangu 1.1.0 was released today for both OSX and Windows.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/29dw9b/pangu_110_is_now_available_to_download/

Hello, PanGu 1.1.0 is now available. PanGu Website

PanGu is now in English. Imgur

Mac version is also available.

PanGu has removed the option to install 25pp in the English version, only Cydia will be installed.

DOWNLOADS

• Download from PanGu official website Click Here.

MIRRORS

• Download Windows version from Mega.

• Download Mac OSX version from Mega.

Update Description 1.1.0

• Added English support.

• Optimized the file size.

• Fixed the boot loop bug.

• Using new info leak bug instead of @i0n1c's.

• Added online self verification.

Thanks to @kernelpool for sharing how to attack iOS 7 early_random() PRNG.

Also, we learned skills from evasi0n7 by @evad3rs

so I guess the question is, for those of us already jailbroken any reason to use this to "update" or is there no need

so I guess the question is, for those of us already jailbroken any reason to use this to "update" or is there no need

No need, the untether package will be updated via Cydia soon for folks like yourself.

No need, the untether package will be updated via Cydia soon for folks like yourself.

Not out yet, though.  From the Reddit, they said they would need a few days to compile it and put it up on Cydia.  I'm not having any issues, so I'm fine with waiting.

Must say, not sure if it was the clean 7.1.1 installation or what but my iPhone 5 has been buttery smooth.

Not out yet, though.  From the Reddit, they said they would need a few days to compile it and put it up on Cydia.  I'm not having any issues, so I'm fine with waiting.

Hence why I said "soon".

7.1.2 did not patch any of the exploits from 7.1 and 7.1.1

Like we guessed. Only Esser liked to believe these exploits mattered for iOS 7.1.x or even 8 for that matter. 7.1.x will never be patched, even if there's a 7.1.3 or even a .4 release and iOS 8 was going to be patched anyway.

Not to go to off topic, but has anyone found a way to downgrade to iOS 6 using the jailbreak/cydia/etc? I saw they were able to use "other peoples" SHSH blobs on a iPhone 4, but if you press the power button to lock the phone it blacks out the screen and puts it into DFU mode and you're only option is to upgrade back to iOS 7 again....which is a no can do in terms of leaving the screen on all day. :S

Not to go to off topic, but has anyone found a way to downgrade to iOS 6 using the jailbreak/cydia/etc? I saw they were able to use "other peoples" SHSH blobs on a iPhone 4, but if you press the power button to lock the phone it blacks out the screen and puts it into DFU mode and you're only option is to upgrade back to iOS 7 again....which is a no can do in terms of leaving the screen on all day. :s

Cant do because you would not be able to use the device. Apple has locked out old versions installation signing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hence why I said "soon".

Do you know if this "update package" should show up automatically as an update in cydia (as in previous jailbreaks) or do I need to seek it out?  Still not sure I understand if I need it or not.  Thanks.

Do you know if this "update package" should show up automatically as an update in cydia (as in previous jailbreaks) or do I need to seek it out?  Still not sure I understand if I need it or not.  Thanks.

If it does, will show up in Cydia as an update.

Does doing this procedure force a device wipe/update to be required to install?

Or can a person just "hack-and-go" ...

Hack and go pal :)

Does doing this procedure force a device wipe/update to be required to install?

Or can a person just "hack-and-go" ...

What are you referring to?  The Jailbreak?  Most jailbreakers agree that a clean firmware installation is best practice prior to installing a jailbreak (if that is what you are asking about).

yeah but you do not have to.. Most of your general population never do that. Heck, something like 60% never back their phones up or have even plugged them into iTunes. 

What are you referring to?  The Jailbreak? 

Yeah that's what I referred to.

I asked because we run supervised devices at work, and in the past users have had to reinstall the firmware or at the least the jailbreak removes the profiles so we can easily remove the jailbreak by re-running the supervision'd firmware on the device.

If this jailbreak can be done without affecting that, we'll have to do a bit more digging...

yeah but you do not have to.. Most of your general population never do that. Heck, something like 60% never back their phones up or have even plugged them into iTunes.

Well, backups and insuring I minimize my risk to a buggy jailbreak experience is absolutely paramount to me. Haste makes waste.

But your figure doesn't surprise me.