Maximus Formula VI Battery Problem

Hi

I recently bought a new pc with asus maximus formlua Vi mobo like 3 weeks ago.

Since yesterday my system time keeps getting out of sync. I have already googled and youtubed it. Only solution seems to be changing the battery.

I read on different sites that I need to look at the volts of he battery to make sure that its dying. I took a photo of my bios monitor. Somebody please tell me is it alrite to remove battery now or something else is wrong?

photo attached below.

post-248161-0-98319100-1403975322.jpg

thanks

=]

Most boards don't monitor CMOS battery voltage. This is one of those. Only way to would be taking it out and checking with multimeter if it's >3.0 volts. If it isn't - change it, costs pennies. Just dispose of it responsibly.

Edit: Ok, it's a real bummer with MAXIMUS VI FORMULA. You'd have to remove the board from the case and unscrew the thermal armor. Pity...  :laugh:

Isn't that the PSU voltage?

Your little watch battery can't hold all that charge.

Try changing the battery, as you have read

Edit: Ok, it's a real bummer with MAXIMUS VI FORMULA. You'd have to remove the board from the case and unscrew the thermal armor. Pity...  :laugh:

That's my biggest problem. I bought this system just three weeks ago. :(

I have found a video on youtube where a gamer showed how to cut the armor top where the battery lies. I will  try that tomorrow when i buy the industrial grade cutter.

removing or cutting the armor will void my warranty. F@#K ASUS!!!

I hope replacing battery will solev the problem becuase I tried changing time in the bios settings and even there it doesnt update and lags behind.

Been looking around the internets a bit for this sort of problem and it doesn't seem like it could be bad battery. After all, bad battery either corrupts settings or completely fails to store them as soon as power is disconnected (but never so while 5VSB is on).

More likely it's "ASUS strikes again". What else have you tried before going to such radical steps as cutting your board up (which I strongly advise NOT to do, btw!)?

Do you have the latest firmware and everything? If you don't require current version to support your CPU, might want to try lower version - sometimes bugs creep in new fixes, too.

Have you cleared settings (using the jumper, not defaults)? It's said to recur as soon as you save settings, of course, but that only speaks even more that it's a bug in the firmware rather than the battery.

I guess RMA is out of the question?

Yea...that is what I was thinking while reading OP comments.  Instead of purposely voiding the warranty why not either a) RMA it or b) take the time to remove the "armor" though it will be a PTA.  It also seems to be an ASUS issue and not necessarily something you can fix.  

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33895-Hero-Time-Clock-Problem/page17

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35490-Sabertooth-Z87-Bios-Clock-Issue&p=408771#post408771   (looks like a BIOS is coming out to correct the issue?)

btw...I do not own this mobo (I have a Sabertooth Z77)

WTH

Do I need to change my mobo now? I heard about RMA for the first time in here.

I have downloaded and updated my mobo to latest version to see if it works. I have been an asus user for 7 years now and never had any complaints with them ever. this problem started about 2 days ago now before that it was all fine.

@jjkusaf

did you have same problem with your motherboard too?

It's been more than 30 hours since I updated my mobo with the latest bios and the time seems to be updating fine now.

I guess the topic is closed now.