7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am having issues with some Modern apps in Windows 8.1 Desktop version in which the app start and minimize automatically and then it just does not work. The icon is on the taskbar and when you click over it open and then minimize. Anyone know how to fix it?

Posted

I've had that happen 2 times now but both times when I remaximized it it just opened and ran.

Posted

Try Uninstalling, and then reinstalling the app.

Posted

I had this issue and tried every fix I could think of, I used Microsoft Fixing tools for Modern Apps, that didn't work.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps and couldn't even do that as the store was doing the same thing. Once I got the store fixed Re-installing the apps didn't work.

In the end, I created a new user profile, deleted the old one and started again. Everything worked fine after that :)

Posted

Man, these modern apps are really unstable. Some works and some don't.

Posted

What kind of "customizations" are you making to windows? The few I tried opened, minimized and maximized like they should, I'm only guessing something you might have done based on what worked for KibosJ 

Posted

Update: I fixed it.... just run the latest update of Ccleaner and run the standard cleaner and also but not necessarily the registry cleaner. Now my apps works fine.