My friend works at Gamestop and got me a great deal trading in my Xbox zone and games for a PS 4 and games. I bought the ps 4 camera too. The main reason is because I got tired of the Kinect not always working and I wanted a good gaming console, not a media console. So far I am happy. I loved Forza 5 so my only real option for driving was Rivals. I also bought a few other games I had on the xbox one and also a couple new ones like Metal Gear a Solid Ground Zeroes and Second Son. I've noticed that the ps 4 is a little finicky. Like when I set it up, it asked me to chose a membership and the window was blank but I could highlight invisible windows. I also launched Netflix and just got a blank screen. Anyways, can you guys recommend any must have games?

Strange.

I have no problems with Xbox One and 360.

You probably had a defective Xbox One.. or bad update.  You should have done a factory reset and see if it's improved.

Get 'The Crew' and 'Drive Club' for PS4 if they are released by now.

Neither of those are out yet. October I believe.

Take a look on Metacritic and see what genre of games you like and what scores highly. Loads of psn titles available on ps4 that are great

Do you have a PlayStation Plus sub? If not I would suggest getting one.

Yeah, I do.

Definitely make sure to redeem the free games on PS+, might not always be the best selection but free is free! If you never got a chance to play The Last of Us, I'd recommend picking up the HD version of that when it releases soon.

You traded in your X1 for a PS4? Ok, well congratulations i guess though that's a little drastic. Having both would have been much better. At any rate, you should get Infamous Second Son, and i think you may also enjoy Knack as i think you have kids in the family? Plus it might be on sale now. Resogun, make sure to download that for free. If you like relaxing games get Flower, the PS4 version is even better than the PS3 one thanks to higher res visuals. Rivals is no match for Forza 5, i really didn't like that one and it's rare for me to plain dislike games. It was a total crash fest, not my style at all. Forza 5's craziest drivatars are tame by comparison.

Still not sure why you let go of X1, hardly a media console, just as much a gaming console as PS4 or any console ever. But up to you. My Kinect gave up the ghost entirely months ago but i'm not even bothering with the replacement process because now that they unbundled it, X1 works just fine without it. To each his own, though!

• Like 1

Probably couldn't afford both? Plus there is no point if you prefer the exclusive games on PS platforms as cross platform titles are out performing the Xbox.

You traded in your X1 for a PS4? Ok, well congratulations i guess though that's a little drastic. Having both would have been much better. At any rate, you should get Infamous Second Son, and i think you may also enjoy Knack as i think you have kids in the family? Plus it might be on sale now. Resogun, make sure to download that for free. If you like relaxing games get Flower, the PS4 version is even better than the PS3 one thanks to higher res visuals. Rivals is no match for Forza 5, i really didn't like that one and it's rare for me to plain dislike games. It was a total crash fest, not my style at all. Forza 5's craziest drivatars are tame by comparison.

Still not sure why you let go of X1, hardly a media console, just as much a gaming console as PS4 or any console ever. But up to you. My Kinect gave up the ghost entirely months ago but i'm not even bothering with the replacement process because now that they unbundled it, X1 works just fine without it. To each his own, though!

Yeah I can't afford both but you're right, it was drastic. PS 4 doesn't seem to gave any great exclusive titles. In fact, I lost games I liked like Forza 5 and Dead Rising. I might buy an Xbox one ASAP and have both.

Yeah I can't afford both but you're right, it was drastic. PS 4 doesn't seem to gave any great exclusive titles. In fact, I lost games I liked like Forza 5 and Dead Rising. I might buy an Xbox one ASAP and have both.

There you go, having both is better.

I have to admit I'm with a few above, trading in is a bit drastic especially since you're only real Issue I see is Kinect which doesn't really have a big play on the core gaming. As well as saying you don't want a Media Centre but the first issue you have is Netflix :p

I would love to own both now but I just can't afford to buy the PS4 and I don't think there are enough games I want to justify it.

You should have done some research on what titles were available. Sony invest billions into their first party studios so just like the ps1, ps2 and ps3 the ps4 will have countless classic exclusives over the years.

I have to admit I'm with a few above, trading in is a bit drastic especially since you're only real Issue I see is Kinect which doesn't really have a big play on the core gaming. As well as saying you don't want a Media Centre but the first issue you have is Netflix :p

Exactly.  If the only issue he's having is with the Kinect, well damn, they're now selling the Xbox One without the Kinect...which means it's pretty much unnecessary.  I'd just stop using it, if not disconnect it altogether and keep enjoying the games I already had.

I wonder if Gamestop will take it back so I can get the One again. I had several digital download games that I really miss.

I wonder if Gamestop will take it back so I can get the One again. I had several digital download games that I really miss.

absolutely awesome post. Like 12 replies and you're already regretting your decision.

• Like 2

I get the impression this is some sort of wind up or really poor trolling.

Nobody does this... Do they?

absolutely awesome post. Like 12 replies and you're already regretting your decision.

Lmao, see what kind of ocd impulse person I am? I think the PS4 is awesome, I just regret getting rid of the xbox one.

Lmao, see what kind of ocd impulse person I am? I think the PS4 is awesome, I just regret getting rid of the xbox one.

They are selling more and more every day, so theres little issue in getting another one down the road. Frankly their game roadmap don't really take off until late 2014/2015 anyway so you probably aren't missing much. Your downloaded content won't disappear either, and as you said the PS4 is better gaming tech and I really like the controller.

Now just try to avoid getting a steam machine this fall, as it'll put both the one and ps4 to shame.

The steam machine will be that good?

EDIT: I can't believe the responses I'm getting. I thought I'd see more "grats!" and stuff like that in the Sony Console group. I've been playing that Infamous Second Son game and Metal Gear Solid 5 and both are amazing.

Also when i select the playstation store, i just get a blue screen. Is this some bug?

Gamestop likely will not let you get your original system back.  And if they even considered it, they would try and sell it back to you for close to twice what they paid you for it.  It's like making a deal on the streets.

Gamestop likely will not let you get your original system back.  And if they even considered it, they would try and sell it back to you for close to twice what they paid you for it.  It's like making a deal on the streets.

Doesn't xbox one allow you to transfer your digital games to a new xbox one console, if for example you bought a new one?  xbox 360 allows that every so often, 4 months I believe... Don't have a XONE, so I don't know for sure.

If you want a XOne back, then try to return the PS4 if you can, and get XOne back, and wait till Black Friday to buy a PS4.  By then, there will be more PS4 games you might like.

It's OK, already done. I certainly understand not being able to afford the things i'd like to have, trust me. No stranger to financial strain. Now that you have the PS4, make the most of her. There are actually tons of exclusives, Sony are much more committed to exclusives as opposed to MS, who see them as a lower priority than broad appeal. Get Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and Knack - i'm sure you will enjoy the latter. For driving, skip Rivals which i'm guessing you won't like if you're more into stuff like Forza 5. Wait for Driveclub as was suggested before. And get Last of Us late next month if you haven't played it on PS3.

EDIT: please don't go back to Gamestop to try and get your X1 back...that would be too weird. And Steam machines are just overpriced or underpowered pre-built PCs with SteamOS, don't mind the PC master race insecurity crowd. Those have nothing to do with X1/PS4, they're PCs.

It's OK, already done. I certainly understand not being able to afford the things i'd like to have, trust me. No stranger to financial strain. Now that you have the PS4, make the most of her. There are actually tons of exclusives, Sony are much more committed to exclusives as opposed to MS, who see them as a lower priority than broad appeal. Get Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and Knack - i'm sure you will enjoy the latter. For driving, skip Rivals which i'm guessing you won't like if you're more into stuff like Forza 5. Wait for Driveclub as was suggested before. And get Last of Us late next month if you haven't played it on PS3.

EDIT: please don't go back to Gamestop to try and get your X1 back...that would be too weird. And Steam machines are just overpriced or underpowered pre-built PCs with SteamOS, don't mind the PC master race insecurity crowd. Those have nothing to do with X1/PS4, they're PCs.

Thanks for the advice on the xb1 return. I have a friend at Gamestop who said he would take care of it for me. However, after spending time on Metal Gear Solid 5 and Second Son, I think I'm going to keep it.

My only problem is that out of the box the controller was almost fully charged, showing 2 bars. I plugged it in and left it plugged in all night and all day yesterday. After about an hour of playing, I got a message that my controller was almost out of charge. Why would that be? The whole time I had the xb1 I never even had to charge the controller.