Where can I host my website and get my @domain.com email address?

Question

Hello!

I've been working with HTML lately and I would like to host my websites and get my own @domain.com email address.

I know there are free web hosters but I don't like them, I don't like my website url to be something like mariosx.googlesites.com or something like that.

I would prefer it to be www.mariosx.com for example and have an email address like: marios@mariosx.com

I'm looking for basic stuff, only website hosting and e-mail address and I don't care for any extra features just to avoid extra costs (however if these extra features such as calendar and cloud are free, they are welcome) also I would like my friends to get an e-mail address as well in my domain (for example friend@mariosx.com)

Any recommendations?

11 answers to this question

Use Office 365 Hosted Exchange, you a 50gb inbox and in my opinion the best email experience possible.

As for webhosting, OVH are cheap and offer php and MySQL. You could probably sign up to OVH hosting and Office 365 email for 5-6 euros a month in total i imagine.

Edit - you even get some basic email inbox's with OVH's hosting package it appears.

Not sure about Greece but in the UK i use Daily.co.uk for domains and eUK Host for the hosting (i have a business VPS).

You're better off looking for an equivalent in Greece though.

I always keep domains and hosting on separate companies because you wouldn;t want to keep all your eggs in one basket.

You could also download a free trial of Windows Server 2012 R2 and setup IIS 8.5 with all the features and you will be able to host your own domain and website.

One.com is pretty good. Fast, easy, reliable, ... You get a ton of space, they have a lot of fun cloud stuff, they're easy to set up, ...

Sure, you don't get super-advanced functionality, but you probably want something that just works well, and then one.com is your best bet.

I have two domains on one, they're not super advanced but they work and are fast and have excellent support should you need it. They're also cheap.

acido00, on 01 Jul 2014 - 23:51, said:

I personally prefer: Arvixe

+1 for Arvixe. I have 10 sites hosted with them and no issues.