macbook air vs surface pro3

You answered your own question, MacBook Air is the only choice for you. Just setup bootcamp with Windows (or even just a VM would suffice?) for when you need it and use OSX when you don't. Problem solved? and considering you hate Windows, not even sure why you'd even consider the Surface Pro 3 (which is a great machine from what I've heard) considering it runs Windows all the time...

I agree, he answered his own question. Undoubtedly, he should select the SP3 with a minimum of 256GB of storage. Shoe-horning a Windows VM, running SQL and Visual Studio on top of an MBP with a 128GB SSD probably wont leave room for anything else. Pricing wise, the MBP is less capable and costs more. I've spent many hours trying to justify a MBP. It was viable before MS dropped the boom with the SP3. Too much value in the i5/256GB package. Just my opinion.

Windows 8.1 is buggy. It's apparent you have no idea what your talking about. If Windows 8.x is installed on the correct hardware, there is zero problems. On the surface Pro 3, Windows 8.x is an absolute delight. Everything that is essential to my needs is found in the App store. I don't need 500,000 worthless apps to search through to find what I really need.

For the price of a new SP3, you could buy a nice used MBP.

I think I have a pretty good idea about how buggy it is. Here let me list two of the bugs that I have encountered

1) Failed to change the lockscreen wallpaper. The issue has been reported by many users. I had to fix it through altering Registry

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-desktop/lockscreen-issues-on-windows-81/c51f570a-7a69-4e92-8348-3ebbed778592

2) There are times when the Start Button on the Surface Pro doesn't respond. The only way to fix it is through a reboot.

3) Several instances when Type Cover 2 fails to respond randomly. The only way to fix it is through disconnecting/Reconnecting it again.

Some other bugs which has been noted here:

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/surface-pro-common-bugs-and-solutions.7905/

I like the hardware but the OS is crap (I think the numbers out there speak for itself. I don't need to debate it). IMO Even Windows Phone 8 was much better. It's absolutely irritating when people like you come and attack with your opinion as if it's a fact without admitting that there is a problem.

Pls do your research next time.

Pls do your research next time.

And what does your research prove, could I not take 5 minutes and come back with a similar list of mac osx oddities?

And what does your research prove, could I not take 5 minutes and come back with a similar list of mac osx oddities?

Lulwut?

The original contention made was that if Windows 8.1 is run on correct hardware ie Surface for instance, it won't be buggy and will run smoothly. An experience that the OS would be perfect was being given. I counter argued based on my experience and a list of bugs that I have faced using Surface Pro 1. I never said OSX isn't buggy or without its quirks.

Pls go back and read the argument made instead of just pointlessly debating.

I only read the first page of replies, so apologies if this has already been covered.

Tired of Windows? Go for a Mac. It should come with Bootcamp already available. I wouldn't suggest the Surface as a laptop replacement, but that's partly a preference and part annoyance at having briefly tried to use one as a laptop.

I only read the first page of replies, so apologies if this has already been covered.

Tired of Windows? Go for a Mac. It should come with Bootcamp already available. I wouldn't suggest the Surface as a laptop replacement, but that's partly a preference and part annoyance at having briefly tried to use one as a laptop.

Hey,

Could you please instead help me on this issue I'm having? (it's the issue I am having after creating this discussion)

And I guess you could shut this topic down so folks here don't need to continue having a war against each other in here

http://www.neowin.ne...ld-i-buy/page-3