I ordered a 64GB OnePlus One

It sucks. Apparently, the express shipping only applies to the delivery from the warehouse in the US. Regardless, it's the only option available for Canadian customers. My order status recently changed from "Pending Shipment" to "Processing". I really hope they send a shipment to the warehouse by the end of the week. The less I have to wait, the better. I'm a patient person but I'd love to have it before July 11th because I won't be home over the weekend.

If they are processing the shipment USA side thats good. If not, that timeline is probably still possible. They can DHL from China to the US basically overnight, then they have to receive it, possibly test and package each one as I assume they are bulk shipped, and get it back in the system for a 1-2 day delivery hopefully by courier. Then you have to be around to accept it and have a credit card usually if there's customs/brokerage fee. Hope it all works out. Do couriers deliver on weekends where you're at?

If they are processing the shipment USA side thats good. If not, that timeline is probably still possible. They can DHL from China to the US basically overnight, then they have to receive it, possibly test and package each one as I assume they are bulk shipped, and get it back in the system for a 1-2 day delivery hopefully by courier. Then you have to be around to accept it and have a credit card usually if there's customs/brokerage fee. Hope it all works out. Do couriers deliver on weekends where you're at?

No, but I received it today. I was at work but I knew they were coming so I asked my dad to pay the fee. It turned out to be $64.54 CAD. That brings the grand total to $479.15 CAD. It'll be cheaper for people that live in the US. I read that you guys won't get hit with tax.

The phone is great though. I'm not even bothered by the fact that I spent about $480 CAD for it. As much as I love the Nexus 5, I see it as an upgrade. I'm charging it right now so I'll see how it fares tomorrow with web browsing and streaming music. The screen is great and the phone performs nicely. I've used it for about an hour and so far, it seems stable. I imagine it'll be even more stable than CM11 M7 on my Nexus 5. I haven't tested call quality yet but I have no worries there. It has 3 mics and stereo speakers (vs. 2 mics and mono speakers on the Nexus 5).

EDIT: I sold my Nexus 5 for $400. I installed CM11 M7 on it so I had to restore it to stock with the 4.4.4 factory image. I flashed whatever was necessary one by one and the process wasn't difficult. For some reason, it showed up as only having 16GB after I restored it to stock. I fixed it by wiping the partition cache and performing a factory reset from the stock recovery.

I was looking to pick one of these up, but I got tired of the games to get one and just grabbed a Nexus 5 for cheap instead. Congrats on getting one. They really seem awesome!!

Edit: You got a pretty good price on that Nexus 5. I paid $350 for my 32GB with the official wireless charger.

Would be awesome if you can do a member review in the forum for it too so we can put it on Main :)

• Like 3

No, but I received it today. I was at work but I knew they were coming so I asked my dad to pay the fee. It turned out to be $64.54 CAD. That brings the grand total to $479.15 CAD. It'll be cheaper for people that live in the US. I read that you guys won't get hit with tax.

The phone is great though. I'm not even bothered by the fact that I spent about $480 CAD for it. As much as I love the Nexus 5, I see it as an upgrade. I'm charging it right now so I'll see how it fares tomorrow with web browsing and streaming music. The screen is great and the phone performs nicely. I've used it for about an hour and so far, it seems stable. I imagine it'll be even more stable than CM11 M7 on my Nexus 5. I haven't tested call quality yet but I have no worries there. It has 3 mics and stereo speakers (vs. 2 mics and mono speakers on the Nexus 5).

EDIT: I sold my Nexus 5 for $400. I installed CM11 M7 on it so I had to restore it to stock with the 4.4.4 factory image. I flashed whatever was necessary one by one and the process wasn't difficult. For some reason, it showed up as only having 16GB after I restored it to stock. I fixed it by wiping the partition cache and performing a factory reset from the stock recovery.

Wow, thats pretty good return for the 5! for $80 I wouldn't have hesitated on that kind of upgrade. After you get some use I'd love to know the stability you experience with it. I recently updated my Nexus 7 from ext4 to all-f2fs which has 4.4.4 support and it would boot to a password lock screen, fresh from install. After scratching my head a bit and digging on google I found out that android will think a badly formatted partition is encrypted. This made sense. Booted recovery and checked the formatting, yup. The /data was still EXT4. used the changed format option for the data and it went f2fs. rebooted to the welcome screen as expected.

• 2 weeks later...

I got fedup of waiting for an invite so decided to just import the One Plus One from China.

The Chinese One Plus One does not support LTE bands 4 and 17, along with WCDMA band 4 which are what most American / Canadian networks use. However for use else where in the world you should be ok. Also something to keep in mind is neither the international or Chinese One Plus One support LTE band 20, which means in the UK you will not get 4g if you are with Vodafone or o2, however on EE or Three you will get 4g.

Photo comparing my HTC Desire (2010), Galaxy Nexus (2011) to the One Plus One, i think its safe to say phones are gradually getting larger:

2ch4byf.jpg

I'm very impressed with the build quality, the One Plus is very nice to hold and use. I was worried a 5.5" phone would be too big, however after a day i had got used to it. The phone still fits perfectly in both my work trouser pockets and my jeans.

Cyanogenmod 11s is really nice, the camera has some nice additions and takes very good photos / video. As for battery life i've gone from 6:30am to now (10pm) and still have 45% battery remaining. Thats with 3 and a half hours screen on time, WiFi, 3g and 4g use, and playing games with the screen brightness on full for around 30 mins on the way home. For my personal usage i don't think i could ever drain the battery in a day.

I'm on Three, despite their website stating 4g is basically none existent in my town i do get 4g here and there.

4g speedtest on a moving bus:

9t01ns.jpg

4g speed test stood outside my workplace:

fm2mhs.jpg

In total i paid ?260 for the 64gb One Plus One, considering the insane specs of the device i think this is a true bargain.

The 64gb iPhone 5s is ?709, for that price you could purchase 2x One Plus One's and still have ?173 left over. Likewise Google's flagship device the Nexus 5 is ?339 for the 32gb version making it ?71 more expensive than the One Plus One. Neither the iPhone 5s or Nexus 5 are in the same league as the One Plus One either. I really am very impressed with the quality of the device.

In my opinion it really is the best phone out at the moment, both in terms of hardware, software and value for money.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Do you happen to have a Oneplus One Invitation for me?

I'd like to order this phone, and it's possible only with an invitation.

Thanks!

I don't unfortunately, however where in the world do you reside?

The reason i ask is that if you live outside America / Canada you can simply import the Chinese version of the One Plus One and it will work on all the same bands as the international One Plus would in your country: Importing the One Plus One From China - LTE Bands & What You Need To Know

That's what i did in June anyway and have been enjoying my One Plus ever since.

I don't unfortunately, however where in the world do you reside?

The reason i ask is that if you live outside America / Canada you can simply import the Chinese version of the One Plus One and it will work on all the same bands as the international One Plus would in your country: Importing the One Plus One From China - LTE Bands & What You Need To Know

That's what i did in June anyway and have been enjoying my One Plus ever since.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for your help.

I'm outside of America (in Europe), but I do not really trust in not-official sources. So I'd like to buy it directly from the manufacturer. That's why I'm looking for an invitation.

I ordered a VDSL modem from Aliexpress on 2nd Aug 2014. The seller shipped it via cheapest shipping. It's still not reached me. Now the seller is asking to increase the dispute deadline. It has cleared the customs long ago. I feel scammed. Lol.

So I might not order from Aliexpress.

I ordered a VDSL modem from Aliexpress on 2nd Aug 2014. The seller shipped it via cheapest shipping. It's still not reached me. Now the seller is asking to increase the dispute deadline. It has cleared the customs long ago. I feel scammed. Lol.

So I might not order from Aliexpress.

I ordered a few smartphones through aliexpress and never had any problems. Always picked the free shipment option and never had to pay customs fee on them, which is really nice (saves about 30%).

Only bad thing about the shipment, is that it takes really long to arrive. But not all the time. Recently ordered an e-cig from one of the sellers on aliexpress and it arrived after 19 days through the free shipment.

• 3 weeks later...

@pasztor - go to XDA One Plus forums. I got mine from there on Thrusday, although I am a long term active member. Someone there may give you an invite. Also try the Google Plus Community's. There are a lot of generous people there.

Don't buy an invite though. These should be free, that's what the invite system is all about. God luck.

I can't wait for mine to arrive.

XDA Forums

Google + Community 1

Google + Community 2

On a side note:

Question for anyone in the UK.

I ordered on Thursday, gone through the "processing" stage, and my account says "Pending shipment". How long did yours take from order to arrival and what courier did they use? Also, did you get any notification from OnePlus or the courier that is was about to arrive etc. Reason why I ask, I am at work during the day and knowing my luck it'll arrive when I'm out and I won't get it for days after lol

I was wondering if this was the phone that people have been ordering a lot and seems so, I work for DHL Express brokerage in Canada and we see a ton of these to process as CODs every night.

People always complain about the fees but thats the way customs works (I do agree UPS has outrages fees but ours is $10 plus a $4 COD fee), you use a courier company you are going to have to pay us to clear it and the government their taxes and any duty that applies.

Only way around this is have it shipped postal system.

Yeah rmorris - I have heard it is either DHL or UPS here in the UK. Just wondering if I will get any notice that it's on it's way. I know with "DPD" Couriers they have an excellent system whereby they text/email you what time it will arrive within a 1 hour slot. And it ALWAYS arrives within that slot without fail.

So just wondering if any UK residents could elaborate for me.