The Galaxy S5 mini is official with a 4.5-inch 720p display and 1.5 GB RAM

The Galaxy S5 mini is official with a 4.5-inch 720p display and 1.5 GB RAM

SM-G800H_GS5%20mini_Black_Duos_2.jpg

Rumored to launch later this month, Samsung's Galaxy S5 mini is now official. The device features the same design with the textured back as the Galaxy S5, in a smaller form factor. Samsung is also bringing features that were exclusive to the Galaxy S5, like IP67 certification, Ultra Power Saving Mode, a heart rate monitor and the fingerprint scanner.

The Galaxy S5 mini features much better hardware from the last two generations of mini variants, and comes with a 4.5-inch 720p screen which has a pixel density of 326 PPI. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core CPU, and includes 1.5 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, microSD card slot up to 64 GB, 8 MP camera at the back with LED flash, 2.1 MP front camera, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, USB 2.0, A-GPS + GLONASS, IR blaster and a 2,100 mAh battery. The Galaxy S5 mini runs Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box and comes with the latest version of Samsung's TouchWiz UX skin.

One of the major highlights of the device includes LTE Category 4 connectivity, which allows you to download at 150 Mbps. While pricing information for the handset isn't available, Samsung mentioned that the Galaxy S5 mini will be launching in Russia later this month, with other countries set to follow in due course of time. At launch, the device will be offered in four color versions: Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold.

Source: androidcentral

Well that's a little better :)

Still wouldn't get it however. If I wanted a "mid-range" phone i'd hit up the Moto X (not that it's mid-range but pricing wise) or even the Moto G. Just got that for my wife and she's loving it and i'm a little jealous :p.

This is guessing it will cost $400-$500. If it's in the $350 range then ok, yeah... maybe the GPE version still (:p).