Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anonymous persona

comcast Comcast blocking torrents? (not illegal topic)

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I recently "upgraded" my service with comcast , which came with a router + modem,  anyway... it now seems torrents aren't working , previously they did..... I suspect my new router is blocking them?  Anyone else had this issue? 

Comcast I don't believe filters/blocks anything, are you forwarding the proper ports through the router? Are you using your own router and their router at the same time? Their modem should be in bridge mode if that's the case.

I've heard they have been dishing out more copyright notices the past month or two.  :/

nm apparently the router has a minimum security, then medium security which blocks p2p, bitorrent, etc....  

what is the make and model number of this device they gave you?

ARWIN TG862  

So took 6 months to answer this question?? WTF dude? Is this still an issue for you?

Thought you had already figured out the firewall settings..

Maxium Firewall: Blocks all the applications including voice applications (such as Gtalk, Skype) and P2P applicaitons. Allows Internet browsing, email, DNS and iTunes services. Medium Firewall: Blocks P2P applications and Ping to the gateway, allows all other traffic. Minimum Firewall: No appliation or traffic is blocked. This is the default configuration. Custom security: Allows to block/allow any of the applications

Well, I was in the hospital for a while .... thank you for the info Bud man